Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ah the heck with it.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ah the heck with it.

I think I'm going to end up getting myself an 11. I was going to hold out for a 12 but I'll miss most of the summer if I do that. I can always trade it in in a couple years. Hell. The world's going to end in a couple years anyhow, right?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Howdy,
I have had a new 2011 two door for a month now. I am very pleased with it and surprised as to how good it runs and handles. You will read on most forums how underpowered they are. For what they are, they have enough power for eaily driving. I have had mine up to 85 and could have gone higher. Most of the complainers put giant sized tires on them and change the rear end gears and cant understand that the engine is small and will never spin those doughnut tires. Stay sane with the modifications and it will keep you smiling. Have a goodun!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Welcome to the club

Come on in the water's fine.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Funny thing about summers, though....

They tend to repeat themselves roughly every 6-8 months.

Miss this one...? Catch the next one!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKurious
Funny thing about summers, though....

They tend to repeat themselves roughly every 6-8 months.

Miss this one...? Catch the next one!
The funny thing about new vehicles, though...

They tend to come out ever 12 months or so.

Wait for a 2012, you might was well wait for a 2018.... buy now, or you'll just keep waiting.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I can see your point... to a point.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKurious
Yeah, I can see your point... to a point.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 2012's will be out probably in September.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking of getting a two door now and maybe switching to a four door in a couple years. I'm curious as to how the whole diesel thing pans out. Could be interesting. I'm a bit of a torque whore.

I was looking at JK's last year. Took one for a test drive and while it seemed a bit "slow" it didn't feel terrible. Not a deal breaker. I had bought a new Ram the year before with the 4.7 so there was a bit of a difference in power between the two vehicles. The thing that stopped me was cost and performance. More money, less power and even less fuel economy.

Now I'm kinda tired of driving a full size truck with an 8' box. Not so much sick of driving it but sick of trying to maneuver it. Parking can be a bit of a chore. Plus this winter was a bit rough. While a modern 2wd pickup can do alright in the snow a 4x4 can do quite a bit better. I'm not talking about blitzing it on the interstate, I'm talking about 4 low through heavy snow. They seem to not want to plow the parking lot at work for us third shifters.

As for speed....I've got motorcycles. Most four wheeled vehicles don't even come close to that sensation of speed. At least not the ones I can afford. Plus I'm getting older. I like taking my time. Cruisin' through the back roads and enjoying the air.

I have to see what kind of deal I can get and if I can find what I want. If I don't like it, I can wait.

Keep trying to talk me into it or out of it. I'm listening.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gernick
Not so much sick of driving it but sick of trying to maneuver it. Parking can be a bit of a chore.
You will LOVE maneuvering a 2 door Wrangler compared to a pickup with an 8' box!

Quick Reply: Ah the heck with it.