Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Aftermarket Tops?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Tops?

What is the best aftermarket soft top, or bikini top, for use with the 4-Door JK?

Has anyone seen, or used, the Trektop Frameless Softop? Is it a good top and worth the money? It does appear to be easier to put up and down, if nothing else.

Mac
Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Trektop: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=trektop
Old 10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ah, thanks. I shall try and look around more prior to posting stuff...lol.

Mac
Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Breaktrack--Do you already have a soft top? That could effect the answer to your question. I don't, so I went with the Mopar Sun Bonnet (I know, the name sucks, so I'll refer to it as a bikini for the rest of my post). They have two versions; one for those who own a soft top (and therefore the door frames), and one for those who don't. I really like the look of this bikini top. I also have the Bestop Trail Cover, which effectively keeps the rain out when the JK is parked. I also just added the Bestop Duster, which offers a bit of privacy to things setting behind the rear seats. Only disadvantage is that the Trail Cover no longer fits as nicely because both it and the Duster use the same mounting locations. But, the Trail Cover still mounts, just not as securely. Here are a couple pic's of the Mopar bikini:

Old 10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I do have the soft top. I love it, but I'd like to have something that can be put up quickly when needed, just too much trouble to do the OEM soft top up and down. I'd like one to use like you're useing it.

Mac

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Tops?