Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

After-Xmas deals

Old 01-09-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
Sorry Newman, didn't mean to overstate my smiley.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Heard it on the TV last night. Some stealership in Boise, ID is offering a 2 for 1 deal on puchase of NEW vehicles. Getting orders in from as far away as Alaska and Florida. They mentioned Ford trucks in the new piece, but it might extend to other vehicles as most stealerships don't speciallize in a single brand a vehicle anymore (aka car parks). Get a wrangler for you, and another Jeep for the other half for a discounted price....one can wish!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with Rogue 100%.

What really put me over the edge is when I was watching a 4x4 show yesterday, and they were bringing their scrambler in to have a custom cage built, and the vendor stated the typical cost for that would be around $1200.(The show was getting it for free) Then I started thinking about some of these manufacturers charging over $400 for some rock rails. Or $1200 for a roof rack.

Margins in this industry seem inreasonably high.

Just my 2 cents, and sorry if I highjacked this thread.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

No hijack away...I recently have come into contact with alot of DEEP water...and (separate trips) tons of trail dust...So, I NEED a snorkel....But seriously what are my options here? Does any manufacturer make what is basically an extension of my intake for under $500 (installed)??? I mean, its crazy...I bought my '07 used with about 9,000mi on it, the prev owner had put an Airaid intake on it (I hate it, when wheelin, great on street) Anywhoo, I will have to track down a stock airbox (not a lot of $$$, but a pain in the a$$) or get it custom done...It seems like I cant get a snorkel for under half a grand...Anyone on here have a shop in Florida that can get me an AEV snork for $500 installed...PM me PLEASE!!!

Quick Reply: After-Xmas deals