Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AEV rear bumper still weeks away

Old 06-22-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV rear bumper still weeks away

Last edited by kafka1983; 06-22-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After all that development time this was one of the biggest disappointments that I have seen for the JK. Their front bumper is one of the best looking ones out (IMO), and I had high hopes for the rear. The whole canteen/tube concept is not to my liking, I expected something very different from them. My money is being saved for the LoD shorty w/carrier. I bet the AEV is one of the most expensive ones as well...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really frustrated with them too. I've finally saved up enough for a rear bumper, and would like AEV's product but don't want to wait 6 to 8 weeks for AEV because it might just be too expensive, and I don't know what they have planned for their Gerry can solution.

AEV's practice of not releasing prices and not previewing design ideas is FUCKInG stupid. And will probably lose them my business. I've called them twice and explained my thoughts and they still won't spill the beans.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Expedition One rear. Opens with the swing gate like the AEV will and looks better. About a week wait.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cyruspura
I'm really frustrated with them too. I've finally saved up enough for a rear bumper, and would like AEV's product but don't want to wait 6 to 8 weeks for AEV because it might just be too expensive, and I don't know what they have planned for their Gerry can solution.

AEV's practice of not releasing prices and not previewing design ideas is FUCKInG stupid. And will probably lose them my business. I've called them twice and explained my thoughts and they still won't spill the beans.
Nothing. There is no provision in the works for carrying a Jerry Can.

I'm completely OK with them not releasing any info. It's better than them releasing the info and the end product being totally different.

If it doesn't exist (yet) or you don't have it don't advertise it.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Nothing. There is no provision in the works for carrying a Jerry Can.

I'm completely OK with them not releasing any info. It's better than them releasing the info and the end product being totally different.

If it doesn't exist (yet) or you don't have it don't advertise it.
According to Dave at AEV they do have an accessory mounting system designed. At the moment the hold up they are having is producing the boxes these are going to ship in. They put just as much engineering into the shipping as they do into the products themselves. I am still waiting until it comes out and a few people have them before deciding yea or nay on this bumper, but I am guessing I will probably go with it.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I also think that AEV's rear is disappointing. I opted for the Expedition One with tyre carrier. That is much more inkeeping with my AEV prepared Jeep than AEV's own rear I'm afraid to have to say!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

i wish they made a stubby front bumper as well.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by j33per
Yes, I also think that AEV's rear is disappointing. I opted for the Expedition One with tyre carrier. That is much more inkeeping with my AEV prepared Jeep than AEV's own rear I'm afraid to have to say!
Just ordered my expedition one rear bumper. IMHO AEV screwed up pretty bad. They almost could have taken their front bumper, cut off the hoop, and stuck it on the back and I probably would have bought it. What they came out with is almost unique enough to give it a shot, but I want something more sturdy and better looking. I'm also not gonna wait around and order a bumper *hoping* that they have designed provisions for gerry cans/hilifts etc.

E-1 got my money in this case. I definitely will be jealous though if AEV pulls off something sick with a gerry can mount.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Just ordered my expedition one rear bumper. IMHO AEV screwed up pretty bad. They almost could have taken their front bumper, cut off the hoop, and stuck it on the back and I probably would have bought it. What they came out with is almost unique enough to give it a shot, but I want something more sturdy and better looking. I'm also not gonna wait around and order a bumper *hoping* that they have designed provisions for gerry cans/hilifts etc.

E-1 got my money in this case. I definitely will be jealous though if AEV pulls off something sick with a gerry can mount.
Good decision which you won't regret.

Quick Reply: AEV rear bumper still weeks away