Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Advice on wheels!

Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on wheels!

Ok I know that this question is really a matter of personal preference, but I am getting ready to buy new wheels and I can't make up my mind on which ones i want. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to which they liked better, a silver machined type wheel or black wheels. I honestly have never been a very big fan of black wheels on most vehicles, but on the Jeeps I think they look good, but I really like the silver machined wheels to.

If it helps any, my Jeep is a black 4dr unlimited and I'll be running 35in Cooper Discoverer STT's or Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's. I've seen pics on this forum of jeeps the same color as mine with both types of wheels and I just really can't decide on which I think looks better.

I know it probably doesn't matter one little bit as to which ones I get but I thought maybe I would bounce the idea off of you guys and maybe you can think of something that maybe I'm not considering.

Anyway, thanks for any opinion's that you might be able to give me.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi

I too have never been a big fan of all black wheels. I know I'm "old school" but I have always liked the contrast between the tire and wheel. That's why I went with polished aluminum w/ black highlights.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default teflon

I have always liked the AR wheels with the teflon finish... very easy to clean... but be careful about rock rash.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

I'd say go for a little bit of both then. There are many nice wheel choices out there these days that have some black and silver in their designs. So maybe a little bit of both worlds will work for you.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:07 AM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I don't like the glossy black wheels, but the flat black wheels and matte silver wheels are our favorite and look really good.

Quick Reply: Advice on wheels!