Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Advice sought

Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice sought

Hi

Finally the new JK has arrived in the UK and am looking to buy an unlimited sport but have two questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

Am I right in saying that my unlimited will come with a lower front as I've seen a lot of posts on having to level out how the car sits so not sure if I am to lift whether I should go for a full traction 2" lift or if I can buy a standard 2" kit?

Also going to want to upgrade tires from the standard 245/75R16s that come with the sport in the UK and looking at either BFG AT 265/75R16 or BFG MT 255/85R16 but like to know which will look better on and fill out the wheel arch with my 2" lift - any views?

Getting a call from the dealer tomorrow to tell me what's crossing the Atlantic at the moment and hope a red rock unlimited sport with a soft top is onboard so will let you know when the deal is done!

Thanks

Nick
Old 07-22-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

you would be able to fit the 265 75 16 with no lift at all 255 85 would fill it out better but you might want to look at the 305 75 I think it would be a better match when you get your lift opt for the heavey duty springs instead of standard spring
Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

First good luck with your jeep and welcome. Most guys are getting away with a 2" spacer lift. Depending on if it's a look your after or if you want more ariculation for off road would depend on if you should buy the Full Traction kit. I would personally look into the Teraflex 2.5" kit those will clear up to a 305/75/17 with minor rub. As far as tires go you would be best to flip through the show and tell area. I can only speak for myself and say the 255/75/17 Rubi wheels and tires look a little small on the JK's. I would say a 305 tire would look better for width and a 33" tire with a body lift or 35" with a 2" lift. My .02

Quick Reply: Advice sought