Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Still butt hurt over that?
LOL! Why would I be hurt? No, it just struck me as a moronic thread to start and remembered your name, as you started it about the time I joined the forum. Plus, I just enjoy pointing out hypocrisy.

You were gone for a while no? If so, welcome back! You provide me (and I'm sure others) with much entertainment.

To the OP: Sorry your thread got derailed. Hope you get whatever sliders you want and put them to good use!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

This thread has turned into a dark place haha

I love my ACE Rails!
If they rust I'll paint them
If they bend I'll replace them
If they fall off going down the trail...well that would suck but I'd just weld them in the next time I guess.
Have a good day boys at least they aren't hummers!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTG
^ this coming from the guy who started the "Saharas = mall crawlers" thread?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...awlers-189153/

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Oh snap! That's not playing fair MTG I guess he forgot about that thread he started that immediately went south

Originally Posted by Dagley918
This thread has turned into a dark place haha

I love my ACE Rails!
If they rust I'll paint them
If they bend I'll replace them
If they fall off going down the trail...well that would suck but I'd just weld them in the next time I guess.
Have a good day boys at least they aren't hummers!
See, yet another guy with a great realistic attitude. Very cool

Last edited by GCM 2; 08-21-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading this thread I got a new understanding of the phrase "tread lightly" or is it thread lightly,

( I just wonder if my junk in the trunk bag, is big enough to carry it all out !)

Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Jedi

So let me get this straight ChryslerChris, you've spent 1 1/2 years and made 2,200+ posts on a forum you can't stand run by moderators and Admin. that supposedly crap on you every chance they get? If you hate it here so much and this forum is run so poorly, why the hell do you keep coming back? Just leave. Nobody is asking you, much less forcing you, to stay.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

..and now back to our regulaly scheduled program...

My 2 cents.

I've run Ace sliders for 2 years now. For those who know me, you can attest I don't baby my Jeep. I've even pivoted on the sliders with nothing more than some scratches and scrapes. For me, they have served me well, but I have to add...

I have a 2dr rubi. Thus, I also have the protection of the rubi rails, under the Ace sliders. Secondary protection from the little flexing the sliders do. I'm sure this has saved my body/tub more than once.

If I did not have the rubi rails, I would have purchased some weld on sliders, for my type of driving/off roading.

(FYI, I've also read the post regarding the sliders, that flexed, bending the B-pilar on that JKU. They were NOT EVO)

Last edited by RodCyn; 08-21-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I search this forum often for great information, personal reviews/opinions and to learn something about this sweeeeet Jeep i bought last winter.

I like this thread...
Old 08-21-2012, 09:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkey
So let me get this straight ChryslerChris, you've spent 1 1/2 years and made 2,200+ posts on a forum you can't stand run by moderators and Admin. that supposedly crap on you every chance they get? If you hate it here so much and this forum is run so poorly, why the hell do you keep coming back? Just leave. Nobody is asking you, much less forcing you, to stay.
LOL!! no kidding. i can't imagine purposefully spending so much time making so many posts on a forum that i hated and get crapped on all the time. but hey, that's just me.

Originally Posted by RodCyn
I've run Ace sliders for 2 years now. For those who know me, you can attest I don't baby my Jeep. I've even pivoted on the sliders with nothing more than some scratches and scrapes. For me, they have served me well, but I have to add...

I have a 2dr rubi. Thus, I also have the protection of the rubi rails, under the Ace sliders. Secondary protection from the little flexing the sliders do. I'm sure this has saved my body/tub more than once.
with the shorter rockers and with the addition of the rubi rails, i could see this setup working out just fine.

(FYI, I've also read the post regarding the sliders, that flexed, bending the B-pilar on that JKU. They were NOT EVO)
i have a good idea of what rocker guards keithvegas was referring too as i have seen it happen myself and to the point where you couldn't even open the doors but, it was made by another manufacturer.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-21-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RodCyn

That's entirely possible.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh I left a long time ago. About 50 posts ago. Just come back here to buy/sell, stir things up and get Eddie all worked up. I also had to defend products that I use and have had experience with. That's honestly what this thread and my responses have been about. Eddie decided to get personal so I'm game for some action. He's only relevent in this tiny piece of cyberspace.

This isn't the only show in town. Definitely not the best show, that's for sure.

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 08-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?