Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isnt face book damn... we least it kept me entertained. Haha
Old 08-20-2012, 11:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
WOW, WOW, and more WOW. A whole lot of hurt feelings on this thread. I really don't know about either since I own neither, however I like the ACE cuz a friend has them and you can use them in conjunction with your Rubirails, if you have them. AS far as EVO goes, OMG if money was no object(it is and it sucks), everything on my Jeep would be EVO, but since I do not have 40k to put into buying and installing everything EVO, I will probably purchase the ACE rails so I can afford at least the EVO bolt on coilovers lol.
We are just discussing things here if you feel like somone is dissing your parts, WHY GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH? Its your damn Jeep put what ever the hell you want on it. You should not feel like you have to defend any decision on your Jeep parts its YOUR Jeep. Remember if they are attacking anything it is your jeep parts not you. You will survive. Any way just my for the discussion.
You my friend, have said it best! Your attitude is top notch
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 PM
JK Freak

Well thank you. As they say I just calls 'em as I sees 'em lol.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Super Freak

How did this turn into an EVO thread?

OK the lowdown on ACE is: They make very high quality, lifetime warrantied bolt-on parts. The only exception to the rule is their weld on sliders but everything else is bolt on.

Bolt on sliders will always have limitations compared to weld on’s but it works for a vast majority of Jeepers who aren’t aiming on making their Jeeps dedicated trail rigs.

But for bolt-on products, I don’t think you get anything of comparable quality, toughness (DOM tubes and 1/4 inch steel plates, baby – this stuff will out-survive your Jeep) and price. Best of all, everything is US made. Smittybilt, Body Armor and many of the cost comparable companies make their stuff in China. ACE makes 100% of their stuff here in my hometown of Detroit. It is truly 100% American Made.

To say ACE products aren’t tough enough on the trails is not accurate. At all. I challenge anyone to bust an ACE bumper or even their weld-on sliders. Their bolt-on sliders are held on by two (2dr) or three (4dr) body bolts. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out that it’s going to only take so much abuse. The sliders themselves are not going to be the weak link. The body bolts will be. But a weld-on is a completely different story. I will argue that weld-on ACE sliders are up to par in strength as anything out there. Gladly challenge anyone who runs anything else.

So if you’re worried about ACE quality and how their products fare on the trail: you won’t find a higher quality American made product at the best/lowest prices. They are absolutely bulletproof. If you are able to wheel hard enough to bust em, you should worry about how mangled the rest of your Jeep is, because ACE will replace your busted bumper with a brand new one no questions asked. How to repair your totaled Jeep is your problem

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 08-21-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
How did this turn into an EVO thread?
you can blame your buddy keithvegas.

OK the lowdown on ACE is: They make very high quality, lifetime warrantied bolt-on parts. The only exception to the rule is their weld on sliders but everything else is bolt on.
i've been in this industry a long time and i have yet to see a company that doesn't or wouldn't. however, i'd be willing to bet they wouldn't warranty a dent in your body caused by their product but, i have no doubts that you're the kind of guy that wouldn't blame them for it either.

Bolt on sliders will always have limitations compared to weld on’s but it works for a vast majority of Jeepers who aren’t aiming on making their Jeeps dedicated trail rigs.
coming from a guy who's ONLY run these rocker guards, you clearly have the experience to make such a bold statement.

But for bolt-on products, I don’t think you get anything of comparable quality, toughness (DOM tubes and 1/4 inch steel plates, baby – this stuff will out-survive your Jeep) and price. Best of all, everything is US made. Smittybilt, Body Armor and many of the cost comparable companies make their stuff in China. ACE makes 100% of their stuff here in my hometown of Detroit. It is truly 100% American Made.
funny, LoD is made 100% in the US and the same is true of shrockworks and PUREJEEP and all are completely bolt on applications. unlike you, i have personally installed these rocker guards on my jeeps and have even taken them to the malls i play in once or twice. for you to suggest that you can't get anything comparable in quality or toughness to what you chose to buy, especially being that what you have is the ONLY thing you've ever run, is certainly laughable to me to say the least. still, your emotional devotion to their product is heart warming.

To say ACE products aren’t tough enough on the trails is not accurate. At all.
coming from a guy who started a thread declairing that lockers aren't needed, i'm sure they're plenty tough for the trails you run.

I challenge anyone to bust an ACE bumper or even their weld-on sliders. Their bolt-on sliders are held on by two (2dr) or three (4dr) body bolts.
i don't think anyone has ever questioned whether or not their rocker guards will break, only that by design, they will put dents in your body. even your fellow supporters will admit as much albeit they will blame themselves for the problem and/or try to throw other manufacturers under the bus to deflect any attention to it.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out that it’s going to only take so much abuse. The sliders themselves are not going to be the weak link. The body bolts will be.
ummm, but, that's how they chose to design their rocker guards. to have them attacted to the body bolts. other companies such as LoD and shrockworks saw these points as weak links over 5 years ago and decided to have their rocker guards bolted up to the frame rails. sure, some drilling is required but, by design, they behave like weld on rockers without having to weld.

But a weld-on is a completely different story. I will argue that weld-on ACE sliders are up to par in strength as anything out there. Gladly challenge anyone who runs anything else.
i accept your challenge - get a set and come on out to play with me. i have to warn you in though, the malls i play are typically ones that require lockers but, i'm sure with your awesome driving skills, you won't need them

So if you’re worried about ACE quality and how their products fare on the trail: you won’t find a higher quality American made product at the best/lowest prices.
for the price and being made in america, you might be right.

They are absolutely bulletproof.
they might be but, as you've pointed out, the body bolts they've been designed to attach to will be the weak link.

If you are able to wheel hard enough to bust em, you should worry about how mangled the rest of your Jeep is, because ACE will replace your busted bumper with a brand new one no questions asked. How to repair your totaled Jeep is your problem
you're right, you should be worried about things like the dents put into your body caused by their rocker guards. too bad they won't fix that for you no questioned asked. how you repair your jeep is your problem.

again, if you want to blindly love the products you own, more power to you. it's your jeep, your money and you should do whatever you want with them. in the end, your happiness is the only thing that matters.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

WOL - see that rebuttal is childish and uncalled for. Ever wonder why everyone's on your case all the time? You're condecending. You think you're better than everyone else. I don't care what you call yourself, you're an asshole. Plain and simple. I'm sure you don't care what I say and that's good because I don't care what you say either. We're both adults and I agree to disagree with your high-horse attitude.

I don't have the disposable income to go toe to toe with you Eddie. You have sponsors and the several million you got from selling this forum. To try and pick on a relative newcomer like me is like a grownup stealing from a 3-year old kid. You want my little 2 door sport to go against Mody Dick and RubiCat? Honestly? What are you trying to compensate?

But if I had a rig that was as expensive as yours I would have it decked in my home-town ACE products. Not in an attempt to spite you. Not at all. I don't care what you think of me or anyone else. But to prove that there are other good American manufacturers out there besides EVO (which I also consider a good company - you however, should stop being their spokesperson because your people skills honestly blow)
Old 08-21-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

That damn Wayoflife is like an elephant lol he doesn't forget anything when it comes to old post. Glad to see u stay on top of things unlike other forums I've been on. On that note tho SMITTYBILT XRC FOR THE WIN lol jk I only have mine for steps and a lil deflection in our mud ridden trails. We don't have all the cool rock crawling down here
Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mschaffer66
This forum brings the LOL.
Yes it does. The force is strong with these Internet Jedi Wheelers A tragic thread of fact vs fiction, panties getting in a wad at every posting
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
WOL - see that rebuttal is childish and uncalled for. Ever wonder why everyone's on your case all the time? You're condecending. You think you're better than everyone else. I don't care what you call yourself, you're an asshole. Plain and simple. I'm sure you don't care what I say and that's good because I don't care what you say either. We're both adults and I agree to disagree with your high-horse attitude.
such seething anger and hatered coming from someone who says he doesn't care about what i say. i especially love how guys like you feel the need to declair how you're an adult on the heels of calling someone he supposedly agrees to disaree with an "asshole".

I don't have the disposable income to go toe to toe with you Eddie. You have sponsors and the several million you got from selling this forum.
wow, such bitterness and jealousy. you make it sound like i've never worked a day in my life and am completely undeserving of anything that i have. maybe you should start an occupy movement on JK-Forum so that you can publically whine about how unfair it is that i have what you think you should be entitled to.

To try and pick on a relative newcomer like me is like a grownup stealing from a 3-year old kid. You want my little 2 door sport to go against Mody Dick and RubiCat? Honestly? What are you trying to compensate?
i don't know man, you put out your 2¢ like you were some kind of authority and i simply responded to it. in spite of what you choose to believe, just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean i'm picking on you.

But if I had a rig that was as expensive as yours I would have it decked in my home-town ACE products. Not in an attempt to spite you. Not at all. I don't care what you think of me or anyone else.
of course you would and of course you don't - that's what makes you a "fanboy".

But to prove that there are other good American manufacturers out there besides EVO (which I also consider a good company - you however, should stop being their spokesperson because your people skills honestly blow)
funny, i don't think i referred to evo ONCE in response to you. but, i suppose when you've got your head stuck on talking points, changing the script mid-stream is tough to do.

thanks for playing
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by EsByrd
That damn Wayoflife is like an elephant lol he doesn't forget anything when it comes to old post. Glad to see u stay on top of things unlike other forums I've been on. On that note tho SMITTYBILT XRC FOR THE WIN lol jk I only have mine for steps and a lil deflection in our mud ridden trails. We don't have all the cool rock crawling down here
you give me too much credit. it's hard to forget about really dumb posts.

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Yes it does. The force is strong with these Internet Jedi Wheelers A tragic thread of fact vs fiction, panties getting in a wad at every posting

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?