Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blang816
WOL, you're being a bit of fanboy about EVO. Not saying you're baseless on this but you have EVO products all over your jeep and you likely get a hell of deal on them, but respect others opinions if you are going to act just like them. I agree that EVO is superior than ACE for the trail, but maybe not for other's applications.
LOL!! i love how you say that as if you somehow "got me".

for the record, i don't think i've ever claimed NOT to be a fanboy of EVO. their products are on my Jeeps because they really are the best money can buy and people can take from that whatever they want. unlike most, i am fortuante enough to be in a position where i can run pretty much anything i want and for the most part, i have. i run EVO is because my experience has taught me what works and what doesn't. if i really though what ACE had was so great, it would have been on my Jeep a long time ago - simple as that. having said that, i'd like to reitterate once again that i have NEVER said anything negative about ACE. some rocker protection is better than none and i have no doubts that for most people, they'll get the job done just fine. my only purpose for participating in this thread is at all is beacause keithvegas started spreading baseless rumors about something he supposedly read on the forum and all just to prop up his awesome ACE sliders. if he or anyone really wants to go there, i say bring it. come out and play with me.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-20-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This threads gotten out of hand. Im sorry WOL but some of the stuff you said was a little out of hand. You kind of made it sound like anyone who doesn't buy EVO is poor & has no business being on the same trail as you since their jeep isn't up to par with yours. & you may have not directly said Ace is a terrible directly but the little hints of sarcasm about Ace vs EVO makes it read like your laughing at anyone running Aces. Im not saying Ace & EVO are made for the same kind of off roading or any of that. I just think as pretty much the head moderator you maybe should take the high road in some of this stuff, maybe state your point as you've put your EVO's through hell as we have all seen & they have yet to fail on you. But maybe like anything someone got a product that had the most minute flaw hitting just the right spot & had something fail. I joined this forum in the hope of learning more about my jeep & the things it can accomplish without being chastised for any of my ideas & I've always felt like its been that way. Everyone should just express their ideas in an informative manner & not a condescending or ill meant manner. We're all adults here for the most part maybe we should set egos aside & let bygones be bygones
Old 08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
ACE rails. Been using them for more than a year. A dozen or more wheeling trips.

ACE front bumper about 1 year

ACE rear bumper and carrier. 1/2 a year.

ACE fenders 2 months

All are still on my rig. 1/4 inch plate steel. You'll never bust em. Ever. If you do they replace them for you for free. It's their warranty.

High quality products, good prices. First hand experience.

Happy to hear what you have to say about ACE just ordered there fenders yesterday can't wait to get them. Did a lot of research and for craftsmanship, quality, and price and alot of reviews these seem to be on top. Nice jeep
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Murder¹
This threads gotten out of hand.
You are correct, it has gotten out of hand. It got off track at post #15 when someone decided to get off the topic of ACE products for no reason, throw some story out and repeat urban internet forum legend about an EVO mfg product. That's how great threads go bad, when some guy starts spouting off baseless claims about a product because, to use another posters term, was an obvious "fan boy" of ACE products. I have never seen an ACE product in person, so I can't comment on personal experience with their gear. I have seen EVO products because, like Wayolife's rig, my jeep is a rolling EVO platform. I will speak candidly on those parts at anytime because I can back it up with firsthand experience, photos and video. Now there are guys on this forum who speak out of turn, out of line, and out of zero experience in almost any subject centered on jeeps or offroading. That's what sucks about the Internet and forums and threads gone bad, a bunch of arm chair quarter backs behind QWERTY keyboards. If a poster can't write or speak facts, what good are they contributing to the whole? It's just not worthy of even clicking the reply to thread button.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Murder¹
This threads gotten out of hand. Im sorry WOL but some of the stuff you said was a little out of hand. You kind of made it sound like anyone who doesn't buy EVO is poor & has no business being on the same trail as you since their jeep isn't up to par with yours. & you may have not directly said Ace is a terrible directly but the little hints of sarcasm about Ace vs EVO makes it read like your laughing at anyone running Aces.
don't know how you got all that from what i said but, you're free to read into anything i say and take it however you want.

Im not saying Ace & EVO are made for the same kind of off roading or any of that. I just think as pretty much the head moderator you maybe should take the high road in some of this stuff, maybe state your point as you've put your EVO's through hell as we have all seen & they have yet to fail on you.
please, save your self-righteousness for your preacher. i'm just a regular guy that gives his 2¢ like you or anyone else on this forum. don't like what i have to say, don't read it.

But maybe like anything someone got a product that had the most minute flaw hitting just the right spot & had something fail. I joined this forum in the hope of learning more about my jeep & the things it can accomplish without being chastised for any of my ideas & I've always felt like its been that way.
don't know when i've chastised you for anything and really, i don't know why guys like you are so quick to get your panties in a bunch over a whole lot of nothing. it's your jeep, your money and if you're happy with what you have, who cares what guys like me or anyone else has to say about them. they're just parts, stop treating them like they're a measurement of your manlyhood.

Everyone should just express their ideas in an informative manner & not a condescending or ill meant manner. We're all adults here for the most part maybe we should set egos aside & let bygones be bygones
so act like an adult and stop whining over something you think someone might be indirectly said to criticize something you've bought for your jeep.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-20-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually did have personal experience with EVO. I bought an EVO bracket as part of an ARB onboard air kit from Northridge. I ran into a few issues installing it including bolts that didn't fit and incorrect instructions. Nothing major but a waste of my time sorting out how it should be mounted and driving to get new bolts then grinding them down to fit.

I emailed EVO to tell them the issues and got no response. I emailed David at Northridge and he promptly replied that he would contact them and let them know of the issue. All props to David, always an excellent vendor.

If I was taking a paycheck from a company that had a business like that as a sponsor I could probably look past that but I don't. Either way it wouldn't turn me into an Internet troll using backhanded statements and personal attacks to keep an issue going that should have been squashed pages ago. I stated my opinion on the quality of ACE products as the OP requested. I also posted pics as the OP asked. Things were said about slider issues of both products. Then horse was beaten over and over. Some people need to continue the name calling to make themselves feel better and keep the argument going. Classic trolling behavior. I would suggest not feeding the trolls and maybe the thread can get back on topic.

Last edited by keithvegas; 08-20-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by keithvegas
If I was taking a paycheck from a company that had a business like that as a sponsor I could probably look past that but I don't. Either way it wouldn't turn me into an Internet troll using backhanded statements and personal attacks to keep an issue going that should have been squashed pages ago.
nice backhanded statement. i'm sure it wasn't meant as a personal attack as that would have kept an issue going that should have been squashed pages ago and, that would mean you were an internet troll and oh no, you certainly would be one of those.

I stated my opinion on the quality of ACE products as the OP requested. I also posted pics as the OP asked. Things were said about slider issues of both products...
you also took it upon yourself to only talk smack about one, based on a baseless rumor that you supposedly read about on the forum, with the sole purpose of propping up what you own and i might add, have yet to back up.

Some people need to continue the name calling to make themselves feel better and keep the argument going. Classic trolling behavior. I would suggest not feeding the trolls and maybe the thread can get back on topic.
you're absolutely right, you do fit the troll model only, you just fed yourself
Old 08-20-2012, 08:48 PM
btz
JK Newbie

Wow, i'm honestly having trouble following whose talking about which product and which posters! While I completely back the posters who run EVO chiming in to refute a bs statement ... Enough already!

An ACE thread, and leave it at that. No offense WOL, but most of the complaints you make you're also guilty of! You said you've never owned an ACE product, so maybe you're the preacher who needs to get off his pulpit since your original complaint was criticizing a product someone hadn't run!

Amongst all the bs here, don't recall a complaint about ACE in the ACE quality thread! Thought I saw a comment from the OP ordering his products, so I guess we're done here then. Good luck with the buy!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by btz
Wow, i'm honestly having trouble following whose talking about which product and which posters! While I completely back the posters who run EVO chiming in to refute a bs statement ... Enough already!
Wow, I'm really having trouble understanding why guys like you are getting so emotional about nothing - enough already, they're just rocker guards

An ACE thread, and leave it at that.
This is a "forum", you know, a place where people discuss things. if you don't like the dialogue, you don't have to participate in it.

No offense WOL, but most of the complaints you make you're also guilty of!
none taken but, i don't recall complaining about anything.

You said you've never owned an ACE product, so maybe you're the preacher who needs to get off his pulpit since your original complaint was criticizing a product someone hadn't run!
first off, i don't recall "criticizing" anything. second, if you really believe that i have no experience with a myriad of rocker guards including ones of a similar design to the ACE, I suppose you can believe whatever it is you want to believe. having said that, i'll defer to the expertise of guys like keithvegas who he himself said his awesome rocker guards put dents in his body.

Amongst all the bs here, don't recall a complaint about ACE in the ACE quality thread! Thought I saw a comment from the OP ordering his products, so I guess we're done here then. Good luck with the buy!
You're right, I don't recall any complaints and i might add, any criticism either. the only thing i've seen is a handful of sensitive guys who are all butthurt over nothing. and to that end, i'd like to suggest you take a step back, take a deep breath and see your rocker guards for what they really are - just parts and nothing more. even if i had criticized them, who the hell cares - if you're happy with them, that should be the only thing that matters.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-20-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 PM
JK Freak

WOW, WOW, and more WOW. A whole lot of hurt feelings on this thread. I really don't know about either since I own neither, however I like the ACE cuz a friend has them and you can use them in conjunction with your Rubirails, if you have them. AS far as EVO goes, OMG if money was no object(it is and it sucks), everything on my Jeep would be EVO, but since I do not have 40k to put into buying and installing everything EVO, I will probably purchase the ACE rails so I can afford at least the EVO bolt on coilovers lol.
We are just discussing things here if you feel like somone is dissing your parts, WHY GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH? Its your damn Jeep put what ever the hell you want on it. You should not feel like you have to defend any decision on your Jeep parts its YOUR Jeep. Remember if they are attacking anything it is your jeep parts not you. You will survive. Any way just my for the discussion.

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?