Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by btz
While I agree with everything said, let's not throw ACE out in the process like your above statement does!
funny, i don't know how you could have come to that conclusion being that i NEVER said ANYTHING negative about ACE. having said that, i have seen them in person and they wouldn't be my first choice in rocker protection but, that's just me. certainly, to each their own.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM
btz
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sarcasm just sounded slightly negative towards ACE. My only point was that from a relative value perspective the product, warranty, and company behind it is pretty good! Obviously with use like your, badass by the way, images relative value isn't top on the concern list. But for many it is!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by btz
The sarcasm just sounded slightly negative towards ACE. My only point was that from a relative value perspective the product, warranty, and company behind it is pretty good! Obviously with use like your, badass by the way, images relative value isn't top on the concern list. But for many it is!
if there was sarcasm in my tone, it was directed toward any fanboy who would attempt to talk smack about a product they have absolutely no experience with and in the hopes of diminishing the weaknesses in what they have. i would be the first to say that i have no personal experience with ACE but, based on how it's designed, would have no desire to but of course, that's just me. if people want to make excuses for dents the products they own have made in the bottom of their tub and still be happy with it, more power to them. there's nothing better than being able to find a way to sleep better at night
Old 08-19-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's my 2 cents:
I have had the ACE rails and other than some major scuffs during shipping they looked great and were extremely sturdy. They eventually rusted and I bought a new set which arrived about 2 days ago in pristine condition. If you are a hardcore wheeler get weld ons regardless of the manufacturer. If your JK is a DD and you are the occasional wheeler get bolt ons that mount to the frame. And FINALLY...I have some EVO parts and within a few days the powder coat was chipping off and looked super thin. I don't don't deny the sturdiness of either product but overall my dollar is on ACE. The powder coat seems to be superior and some one is always available there to help and answer questions. Anytime I called EVO the person on the other end acted like they could care less if I purchased their product.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shot a couple new pics tonight. Enjoy.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the ACE rails because my wife and kids needed a step. Very happy with the ACE rails. Great value. Also, when my wife decides to drive up on a curb, i'm sure that they will hold up just fine. Everyone needs to sit back and enjoy a cold frosty one.CHEERS
Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TriJeepV
I got the ACE rails because my wife and kids needed a step. Very happy with the ACE rails. Great value. Also, when my wife decides to drive up on a curb, i'm sure that they will hold up just fine. Everyone needs to sit back and enjoy a cold frosty one.CHEERS
Agreed! Scotch for me though lol. Considering it would be for a daily driver that occasionally goes off roading, I think they'll do just fine. Lifetime warranty, Great price.... Just gotta do a bit more research to see if I like any others. Same goes for bumpers and fenders!

Cheers guys, and thanks for all the input
Old 08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

if there was sarcasm in my tone, it was directed toward any fanboy who would attempt to talk smack about a product they have absolutely no experience with and in the hopes of diminishing the weaknesses in what they have. i would be the first to say that i have no personal experience with ACE but, based on how it's designed, would have no desire to but of course, that's just me. if people want to make excuses for dents the products they own have made in the bottom of their tub and still be happy with it, more power to them. there's nothing better than being able to find a way to sleep better at night
WOL, you're being a bit of fanboy about EVO. Not saying you're baseless on this but you have EVO products all over your jeep and you likely get a hell of deal on them, but respect others opinions if you are going to act just like them. I agree that EVO is superior than ACE for the trail, but maybe not for other's applications.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Originally Posted by yessamskates

I have their rock sliders. I wheel very often and have used them hard. They have held up well. I would definitely buy them again. I have wheeled with people with all kinds of sliders. (EVOs included since you mentioned those.) And haven't ever thought that ace's were not working just as well. For a lot cheaper. Nothing against any other company but for the price, ace's are great.
I can vouch for Sam wheeling the cr@p out of his jeep!!!!

As for sliders I beat the cr@p out of a set of stock rubi rails and evo sliders on another JK!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Its_a_JK

I can vouch for Sam wheeling the cr@p out of his jeep!!!!

As for sliders I beat the cr@p out of a set of stock rubi rails and evo sliders on another JK!
They bolt ons or weld ons? Im about to purchase a set from northridge

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?