Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-18-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACE rails. Been using them for more than a year. A dozen or more wheeling trips.

ACE front bumper about 1 year

ACE rear bumper and carrier. 1/2 a year.

ACE fenders 2 months

All are still on my rig. 1/4 inch plate steel. You'll never bust em. Ever. If you do they replace them for you for free. It's their warranty.

High quality products, good prices. First hand experience.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2964237925.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	355691   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3718810582.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	355692   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-210182131.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	355693   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4054472764.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	355694   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-199014906.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	355695  

Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slappygoeshome
i have ace rock rails...have had them for 5 months and have rust spots on them already....never been off road with them.....wish i went with the EVOs.....will be upgrading in the near future

let me add....they are great for the price .... i am sure if they were powder coated they would have been more $$ the problem is who ever painted mine missed spots and because i am in the Navy and my jeep is parked on the ocean all day everyday i know that didnt help with the rust....not saying i dont like them i myself just wished for a few more hundos i went with something that was powder coated but i would by them again.... i paid 200 for rubi rails so after i bought both i could have go something a little nicer for the same amount invested. good luck ACE wont do you wrong
Old 08-18-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lowendrider
I've had ACE rails for a year and a half. They've held up great..finish and all. Not everyones idea of going offroad is bouncing off rocks, if yours is you could find something beefier I'm sure. If not, they can't be beat for the price.
Sand, rattle-can, done. What's the problem?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PoopyPants
I bought ACE rails and then bought a new jeep in month... Due to body damage...
Dude, what's your beef? Lots of anger towards their products, no details. I'm calling your bluff.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll start with the rails since that seems to be an issue of argument here. If you are serious about using side rails you need to weld to the frame. Not bolt to the body or body mounts. Ace offers rails that weld on for the same price as the bolt on.

I've had mine on for a few months and scraped most of the paint off the bottoms twice. The only issue I've had was letting the bolts get loose. I have a small dent in the bottom of the tub where the mounting bar touched it but I can easily flatten it out. It was my fault for not making sure they were tight. I've read on this forum where a guy dropped on a rock with EVO sliders and it pushed his B pillar up to the point that the door doesn't close. I'll take a dent in the pinch seam before real body damage any day. I plan on welding mine on when I get the chance though as they really should be if you are going to use them.

They are also wider off the sides than most. If I wasn't worried about my chick getting in and out I would suck them in more but where they are isn't a problem for me. They just see slightly more use.

I've had the front bumper on for a few months too but just mounted a winch in it. If you aren't going to use the bumpers then getting 1/4" steel is a waste of weight. The front stubby with a stinger is 130 lbs. if you are going into rocks I wouldn't worry about damaging it cause it is a solid beast. Mounting was pretty easy but I did need to open a couple holes to fit the bolts through. I've push started a YJ with the stinger and when he let the clutch out his rear tire carrier snapped off. My stinger got a little scratch and some paint off his carrier from it. Never even flexed.

The rear bumper I just got on but I ran it down to Big Bear and beat it a couple times there. I love the tire carrier. Again, there are much lighter options. It weighs 190 total but again, solid. A couple weeks ago the ACE Geko got rear ended with one on. The bumper was scratched, the King coilover got bent and the hood of the van that hit them was pushed back to the windshield.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-232371164.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	355761

Name:	image-854614165.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	355762

The price really sold me and it is a small American company. I've had email and phone conversations with Adam as he is usually available during their business hours. I paid around $1650 for front rear and sliders shipped.

I've got a couple pic but video is better. Go to my channel at YouTube.com/skirmishstudios702
The Holcomb Teaser has a good crawl that I spent half of on my driver rail and finished sliding down the rear bumper. The full run through that wash is in the Big Bear part II video. Watch the rest too cause they are cool

Name:	image-1384401522.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	355765

Name:	image-2152893193.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	355766

Name:	image-4239841963.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	355767

Name:	image-2020976174.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	355768

Last edited by keithvegas; 08-18-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Rust with metal. No shit. Never heard of such a thing. I have pivoted my rig on those sliders and they came through. Great sliders.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=ChryslerChris;3169170]Sand, rattle-can, done. What's the problem?

they are 5 months old if that.....shouldnt need to be sanded or painted ACE Miss spots on mine and left it bare....yea i wouldnt have an issue if i rubbed the paint off on a rock but i didnt....i thought a full paint job was included in the price....
Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slappygoeshome

let me add....they are great for the price .... i am sure if they were powder coated they would have been more $$ the problem is who ever painted mine missed spots and because i am in the Navy and my jeep is parked on the ocean all day everyday i know that didnt help with the rust....not saying i dont like them i myself just wished for a few more hundos i went with something that was powder coated but i would by them again.... i paid 200 for rubi rails so after i bought both i could have go something a little nicer for the same amount invested. good luck ACE wont do you wrong

Everything from ACE is powder coated except weld on products.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I've read on this forum where a guy dropped on a rock with EVO sliders and it pushed his B pillar up to the point that the door doesn't close.
Really, I have not seen that post. Can you point that post out? I haven't heard of anyone's EVO sliders doing this, but I have seen personally where bolt on sliders have damaged the tub. I run the EVO sliders, and I have been very hard on them. I have the pics to prove it, the gashes in this pic was not do to curb jumping and detail just how the EVO sliders are welded onto the frame.

Sure, if you want sliders to look cool, then hey, 200 bucks well spent. But if you want maximum protection then EVO deserves to be top on the OP's list.

Last edited by Absolute; 08-18-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

At that price, all competitive products of the same type don't come powder coated. Do some research and you will see.

ACE takes a big risk and eats a huge cost by offering powder coated products because of picky customers who treat their Jeeps like sports cars. They should do what everyone else does and ship bare steel.

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?