Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blang816

When selling your Jeep on this forum and someone asks if there are any scratches or dents and you reply "Not a scratch or ding on her. The skids have some marks, but thats what they are for", you should think about your other posts. Or are you making up the fact the Rubi rails dimpled your Jeep.
Oh i get it now. You are the guy that got laughed at in the subaru thread for not getting the day, night, race mode thing. I guess you didnt like my comment.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Oh i get it now. You are the guy that got laughed at in the subaru thread for not getting the day, night, race mode thing. I guess you didnt like my comment.
Ha! Hadn't seen that and had to go back and look. I"m ok for getting laughed at for that because I didn't get. Didn't hurt my feelings at all.

I was just wanting to clarify if there was damage or not. Now back to the relevant thread to discuss. Not trying to stir anything up at all.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by blang816

Ha! Hadn't seen that and had to go back and look. I"m ok for getting laughed at for that because I didn't get. Didn't hurt my feelings at all.

I was just wanting to clarify if there was damage or not. Now back to the relevant thread to discuss. Not trying to stir anything up at all.
In that interest, here are some pics of the dumples. There are three in total, amongst the dirt

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120822_175919.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	357089

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120822_175932.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	357090
Old 08-22-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics, could you tell us what rails you were running or were they just the rubicon rails? I can't gather this information from your first post, it sounds to me (and I may be wrong, hence the reason I am asking) like you were just running rubi rails, but you mention the ACE rails? Thanks for the clarification!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Thanks for the pics, could you tell us what rails you were running or were they just the rubicon rails? I can't gather this information from your first post, it sounds to me (and I may be wrong, hence the reason I am asking) like you were just running rubi rails, but you mention the ACE rails? Thanks for the clarification!
This was only rubi rails and no ace rails. As stated earlier, only brought this up once it was commented that rubi rails can absorb the flex from the ace. From the position of the dimples, the mounting points on the rubi rails can press into the body under stress.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

WOL, please hear me out, I am not and was not being confrontational with you.
Imposter_LRF, please hear me out, i am not and was not being confrontational with you.

My rig is owned, maintained, and all components have been purchased by me using my hard earned money, and therefore it does not have to be all Rancho-ed out. I personally do not like the look of the Rancho Rock Gear and because my rig is not a Dynomax/Rancho sponsored rig, I have the right to choose which product I run as does every one else who owns a JK. I have a Dynomax exhaust because I truly believe it is the best I can buy. It's your JK, make it what YOU (the owner) want.
funny, i don't recall suggesting that your jeep was sponsored or that you don't pay for all your own parts with your hard earned money. if anything, i guess i was a little surprised by your eagerness to publically promote a product that your company doesn't make being that most of the people i know in this industry know enough to be respectful of the ones who cuts their paychecks and, if nothing else, toe the line on a public forum if nowhere else. but hey, actions speak louder than words and i now see the kind of guy you really are.

having said all that, i will now take the time to remind you that, as a sponsoring manufacturer rep here on JK-Forum, you are NOT allowed to promote manufacturers or vendors who are NOT sponsors of it:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/faq....ingnonsponsors

careful how you respond next. so far as i'm concerned, you've already crossed the line but i'd like to turn a blind eye to it being that we're having so much fun.

Please leave my friends and acquiantances out of an arguement about sliders, they are not relevant to the topic at hand
Please, in so many ways, they are the reason why you are on this thread now.

...which is the quality of ACE sliders, which I was agreeing with Ryanc on and then trying to rid some of the speculation in mattgt5's post.
funny, i believe you said that you "concur, couldn't have said it better" to him saying "Are they as strong as Evo or Lod or any weld ons?? The answer is no, common sense tells you that..."

If you would like, and the group would like, I can lift my rig up on the hoist here and take as many pictures as I can of the abuse marks on the ACE rails and the beautiful pinch seam in order to show that this dimple effect is not necessarily a common occurance, if it is an occurance at all.
"if it's an occurance at all". hell, even the guy who got the ball rolling on this thread, keithvegas has admitted that it's happen to him albeit he blames himself for it. man, you fanboys are just too much - god forbid that anything ace makes could possibly cause any problem.

You want pictures of my JK in action? Fine...Here are the ACE rails doing just fine (what I can find on my phone relatively quickly):

I apologize that I do not have any pictures off hand of me slamming them into anything more or close ups of them hitting anything, but I do not have the luxury of having a dedicated crew with me to film and/or get pictures. I will do my best next time if the group is interested enough to see these in action.
the drama queen to the bitter end. no, don't bother or, at least not unless you change your employment status and in spite of what you might think, i'm just trying to keep you out of trouble here. for whatever it's worth, your first pics are nice and, depending on how hard you hit those rocks, i'm sure your wonderful ace sliders did their job just fine even without the addition of rubi rails. no offense but, the moab ones tell me nothing as there really aren't too many, if any obstacles on those trails that would put rocker guards to the test. sure, you could go looking for some but, if you had, you would have pics of it.

As for Nemesis sliders:
I understand that the Nemesis sliders have more than meets the eye, but as Mattgt5 clearly pointed out by his informative post, "The pinch seam or the bodyounts are not ideal for slider attachment." Show me where Nemesis bolts or welds to the frame (they can't weld...they're aluminum!). I never said that they weren't badass sliders, because THEY ARE! Nemesis is getting my money as soon as I can afford a set of their flares and sliders!!. I am just pointing out that his statement is false (obviously just in my opinion and this is a relatively "open" forum where thoughts and opinions can be expressed within the rules and regs that we signed up to). I just wanted to point out that not all sliders are made the same and that his statement is not necessarily true. Perhaps I got carried away because I get annoyed when things are hardly legible. I apologize for that and hope Mattgt5 could forgive me (or just rip on me about being a school marm).
for a guy who works in the industry, i find it difficult to imagine how you can even try to make an apples to apples comparison of your beloved ace sliders and nemesis rocker guards. but hey, clearly you're the kind of guy who believes whatever he wants to believe.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-22-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by MTG
Typical condescending BS out of you! Look at you....trying to add clarity and succinctness to a thread. Of course that is EXACTLY what we would expect. But we all know your true agenda, and we are sick of it.
damn straight, i don't know how i missed it the first time but, i just realized that GCM 2 crapped on me

like you, what else would you expect from a guy like him. we do know his true agenda and we are sick of it
Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Not relevant to topic at hand.
Not relevant to topic at hand
so what. get a life and loosen up.

Originally Posted by MTG
Isn't your post pointing out that another post is not relevant to the topic at hand, not relevant to the topic at hand?
wait, wait, i think i'm getting it.... damn, i missed it

Guess I'm trying to bring thread back into alignment and potentially offer some relevant experience with ACE products.
why it is so important that you do is not only beyond me, it's kinda sad. just to reitterate, they're just products, not even ones that your company makes and far from an extension of your manhood... or are they

And per the rules most of the posts here are considered trolling.
funny, i wrote the rules and the only ones who can determine what is or isn't trolling are the moderators or myself. last i checked, you are neither.

I just dont see the need for most of it, general discussion forums are still open for comedic relief. :dunno:
of course you don't. your manhood is on the line and there's nothing comedic about that!! or is there?

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-22-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by GCM 2
You okay there my brother? This thread was done pages ago, the point now is to just let it all go and have some fun. Hope you see thru our weak attempts at being comedians
he can't. he's one of the last of the e-toughguy brotherhood and it's his solom duty to fight for them, their cause and of course - ace sliders!!

Originally Posted by J.cyr8
Haha seriously! Just gonna Crack open a beer and read....who needs reality tv. It's jut ridiculous.
LOL!! glad to see you're enjoying the fruits of your thread
Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

I don't think I've had my name brought up this often in an online forum before. I'm gonna be famous on the Internet! This thread is awesome.

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?