Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
solid props coming from a guy who works for tennaco, manufacturer of US made rancho rock gear. i've never even known or heard of a rancho guy who runs anything other than a dynomax or say as much if they did but hey, you clearly believe that ace makes a better product thnt your own and it's awesome that you'd be so forthcoming about it.

LOL!! i know who you wheel with and they're so badass, they don't even need lockers. but hey, why tell people about the kind of terrain you play on when you can just as easily post up some pics and/or videos instead.

weird... we filmed those videos and i have personally seen nemesis sliders in person and can tell you first hand that there's a lot more to them then just being sliders that bolt up to the body mounts and pinch seam. as you can see in this cross section display, their sliders incorporate skins, have an inner structured core and an outer shell that are all designed to distribute the load from a hit - unlike some sliders, there's nothing to dimple with these...

WOL, please hear me out, I am not and was not being confrontational with you.

My rig is owned, maintained, and all components have been purchased by me using my hard earned money, and therefore it does not have to be all Rancho-ed out. I personally do not like the look of the Rancho Rock Gear and because my rig is not a Dynomax/Rancho sponsored rig, I have the right to choose which product I run as does every one else who owns a JK. I have a Dynomax exhaust because I truly believe it is the best I can buy. It's your JK, make it what YOU (the owner) want.

Please leave my friends and acquiantances out of an arguement about sliders, they are not relevant to the topic at hand, which is the quality of ACE sliders, which I was agreeing with Ryanc on and then trying to rid some of the speculation in mattgt5's post. If you would like, and the group would like, I can lift my rig up on the hoist here and take as many pictures as I can of the abuse marks on the ACE rails and the beautiful pinch seam in order to show that this dimple effect is not necessarily a common occurance, if it is an occurance at all.

You want pictures of my JK in action? Fine...Here are the ACE rails doing just fine (what I can find on my phone relatively quickly):

Locally:

Moab:

I apologize that I do not have any pictures off hand of me slamming them into anything more or close ups of them hitting anything, but I do not have the luxury of having a dedicated crew with me to film and/or get pictures. I will do my best next time if the group is interested enough to see these in action.

As for Nemesis sliders:
I understand that the Nemesis sliders have more than meets the eye, but as Mattgt5 clearly pointed out by his informative post, "The pinch seam or the bodyounts are not ideal for slider attachment." Show me where Nemesis bolts or welds to the frame (they can't weld...they're aluminum!). I never said that they weren't badass sliders, because THEY ARE! Nemesis is getting my money as soon as I can afford a set of their flares and sliders!!. I am just pointing out that his statement is false (obviously just in my opinion and this is a relatively "open" forum where thoughts and opinions can be expressed within the rules and regs that we signed up to). I just wanted to point out that not all sliders are made the same and that his statement is not necessarily true. Perhaps I got carried away because I get annoyed when things are hardly legible. I apologize for that and hope Mattgt5 could forgive me (or just rip on me about being a school marm).

Last edited by Imposter_LRF; 08-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GCM 2
That's the best part of "threads gone bad"

I'll catch them up here:

-Rock sliders are a vital piece of kit for offroading if you want to prevent body damage.
-ACE sliders are great
-ACE products are made in America
-ACE bolt on sliders can be made better by adding stock rubi rails to the combo
-EVO rails will not cause damage to your "B" pillar, ever.
-ACE has loyal customers
-Wayolife is mean
-chryslerchris quit the forum
-Some other sliders like nemesis, LoD, Poison Spyder are also good choices
-Wayolife has lost potentially 1000 members by knowing facts, so he could have had 74,184 members instead of 73,184
-some members get way to into this forum stuff
-Wayolife likes Saturday Night Fever apparently
-Me, Wayolife and Mel Wade wear big boy pants or we are in the fat boys club, something to that affect

There, that should clear things up, now back to the ANGER!
Typical condescending BS out of you! Look at you....trying to add clarity and succinctness to a thread. Of course that is EXACTLY what we would expect. But we all know your true agenda, and we are sick of it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MTG
Typical condescending BS out of you! Look at you....trying to add clarity and succinctness to a thread. Of course that is EXACTLY what we would expect. But we all know your true agenda, and we are sick of it.
You cut me deep there buddy.....I'll be over on the Segway forum from here on out. This place sucks donkey balls
Old 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

You cut me deep there buddy.....I'll be over on the Segway forum from here on out. This place sucks donkey balls
You gonna asked to be banned also??
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Atch

Not relevant to topic at hand.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Atch
Well, it seems the Segway forum denied my registration to their site Looks like I'm back here eating crow
Old 08-22-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Well, it seems the Segway forum denied my registration to their site Looks like I'm back here eating crow
Not relevant to topic at hand
Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
You okay there my brother? This thread was done pages ago, the point now is to just let it all go and have some fun. Hope you see thru our weak attempts at being comedians
Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Isn't your post pointing out that another post is not relevant to the topic at hand, not relevant to the topic at hand?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

You okay there my brother? This thread was done pages ago, the point now is to just let it all go and have some fun. Hope you see thru our weak attempts at being comedians
Guess I'm trying to bring thread back into alignment and potentially offer some relevant experience with ACE products. And per the rules most of the posts here are considered trolling. I just dont see the need for most of it, general discussion forums are still open for comedic relief. :dunno:

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?