Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang and just at the time I got my milk and cookies ready....

On a side note - have a four door and I am running the ACE rails but I wouldn't be running them without the rubi-rails...figure the double protection is maybe somewhat close to the quality of something weld on...but I'll let you know when I bash a rock with em...came close and have slid on em but no hardcore bashing yet
Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

The ACE rails seem sturdy with the Rubicon rails. I think the issue with the ACE rails is not with the rails, but using the body bolts for mounting. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rubi rsils will keep the main avce rail off your paint, but the rubi rails will dimple the pinch seam area. I have them from running my rubi rails. The pinch seam or the bodyounts are not ideal for slider attachment.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
The rubi rsils will keep the main avce rail off your paint, but the rubi rails will dimple the pinch seam area. I have them from running my rubi rails. The pinch seam or the bodyounts are not ideal for slider attachment.
Funny, I have slammed the ACE rails all over Moab, the woods and shitty rock crawls of Michigan and Ohio (rocks brought in from a quarry, very loose) and have yet to have any dimple issues on my pinch seam...guess I'm not wheeling it hard enough.

I'd take posts like yours more serious if you actually took the time to spell check/review it before clicking send/reply.

Furthermore your last sentence means Nemesis rails are not ideal, but I've seen them in videos being pushed HARD on trails that the big boys (WOL, GCM2, Lo2aY, Mel, etc) run without issue...weird...

Last edited by Imposter_LRF; 08-22-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you do any type of forum search you can pull up people stating their(ace) quality and workmanship has been goin down the toilet. Misalignments, bad welds, missing parts extc. I was goin to get their tire carrier but now I will save and get another brand.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Funny, I have slammed the ACE rails all over Moab, the woods and shitty rock crawls of Michigan and Ohio (rocks brought in from a quarry, very loose) and have yet to have any dimple issues on my pinch seam
solid props coming from a guy who works for tennaco, manufacturer of US made rancho rock gear. i've never even known or heard of a rancho guy who runs anything other than a dynomax or say as much if they did but hey, you clearly believe that ace makes a better product thnt your own and it's awesome that you'd be so forthcoming about it.

...guess I'm not wheeling it hard enough.
LOL!! i know who you wheel with and they're so badass, they don't even need lockers. but hey, why tell people about the kind of terrain you play on when you can just as easily post up some pics and/or videos instead.

Furthermore your last sentence means Nemesis rails are not ideal, but I've seen them in videos being pushed HARD on trails that the big boys (WOL, GCM2, Lo2aY, Mel, etc) run without issue...weird...
weird... we filmed those videos and i have personally seen nemesis sliders in person and can tell you first hand that there's a lot more to them then just being sliders that bolt up to the body mounts and pinch seam. as you can see in this cross section display, their sliders incorporate skins, have an inner structured core and an outer shell that are all designed to distribute the load from a hit - unlike some sliders, there's nothing to dimple with these...

see video for more details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MvS6d1XSl4

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-22-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Jedi

Funny, I have slammed the ACE rails all over Moab, the woods and shitty rock crawls of Michigan and Ohio (rocks brought in from a quarry, very loose) and have yet to have any dimple issues on my pinch seam...guess I'm not wheeling it hard enough.

I'd take posts like yours more serious if you actually took the time to spell check/review it before clicking send/reply.

My bad dude, didnt know you were a school marm. I will try to be more accurate with my spelling.

Your post doesnt change my opinion nor does it remove the dimples in my jeep from my rubi rails. Thanks for your valuable contribution though.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Yes!

Why has this thread become my absolute favorite? You are just about certain it's over, the dust is settling and then.......BAM! Let's get it on

I hope the anger never dies.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

STAY CALM - RAGE ON

Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Why has this thread become my absolute favorite? You are just about certain it's over, the dust is settling and then.......BAM! Let's get it on

I agree and Alot has happened in this thread..... Good reading for sure!

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?