Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-18-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE Products Quality?

So, as I hope all us Jeepers do, I have been researching the hell out of a few modifications I'm looking to make. In particular bumpers, fenders and rock rails. ACE's products are in my top 3 brands list for each item. They seem to be the least expensive, but low price doesn't always mean best quality.

So my question. Anyone out there have any ACE products.....and if so, how do you like them? Wish you went with something different, do they hold up to your needs, do they look good on your ride? Whore out your ACE equipped jeeps......or just whore out your ride anyway....I want to see some pics! Any feedback is good feedback!

Thanks

J
Old 08-18-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

I'd rather slam my hands in my doors then buy ACE. Buy evo. Treat yourself.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the rock rails, they look nice on my Jeep but have not been truly tested as yet. A friend of mine has their flat fenders and I like the workmanship and look of them as well.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

They look nice on the highway..... Put er through some terrain then tell me how good they are.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PoopyPants
They look nice on the highway..... Put er through some terrain then tell me how good they are.
I have their rock sliders. I wheel very often and have used them hard. They have held up well. I would definitely buy them again. I have wheeled with people with all kinds of sliders. (EVOs included since you mentioned those.) And haven't ever thought that ace's were not working just as well. For a lot cheaper. Nothing against any other company but for the price, ace's are great.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yessamskates

I have their rock sliders. I wheel very often and have used them hard. They have held up well. I would definitely buy them again. I have wheeled with people with all kinds of sliders. (EVOs included since you mentioned those.) And haven't ever thought that ace's were not working just as well. For a lot cheaper. Nothing against any other company but for the price, ace's are great.
I bought ACE rails and then bought a new jeep in month... Due to body damage...
Old 08-18-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PoopyPants

I bought ACE rails and then bought a new jeep in month... Due to body damage...
You seem to be the only one with that problem.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't want to be jaded by one guys opinion.....anyone out there want to give me their two cents?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J.cyr8
I don't want to be jaded by one guys opinion.....anyone out there want to give me their two cents?
i have ace rock rails...have had them for 5 months and have rust spots on them already....never been off road with them.....wish i went with the EVOs.....will be upgrading in the near future
Old 08-18-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had ACE rails for a year and a half. They've held up great..finish and all. Not everyones idea of going offroad is bouncing off rocks, if yours is you could find something beefier I'm sure. If not, they can't be beat for the price.

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?