Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Accident

Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

glad to hear your ok
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now time to get a hoop for the bumper, fog lights, and a tire carrier for the back

Dont forget the winch!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

glad your ok, sorry to hear bout your jeep!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default hey

hi there.. great to know that you got a good deal on after market bumpers thru ur insurance company.. i had a similar crash today morning .. and wondering if I cud do the same .. Just wanted to check with you about the driveability of your jeep after the fix.. Does it drive like how it was earlier.. ? Im worried cause i got my frame slightly bent too.. due to which there is a small gap between the door hinges.. and they told me today that they would have to straighten it by havin the jeep hooked onto some machine and being pulled out.. did your jeep have to go through anything like this ?

feeling so miserable...

[stan]
Old 06-08-2010, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SternAXE
hi there.. great to know that you got a good deal on after market bumpers thru ur insurance company.. i had a similar crash today morning .. and wondering if I cud do the same .. Just wanted to check with you about the driveability of your jeep after the fix.. Does it drive like how it was earlier.. ? Im worried cause i got my frame slightly bent too.. due to which there is a small gap between the door hinges.. and they told me today that they would have to straighten it by havin the jeep hooked onto some machine and being pulled out.. did your jeep have to go through anything like this ?

feeling so miserable...

[stan]
Sorry to hear about your accident. I don't know if the frame itself was bent. Something was bent (I can't remember what they said it was) and they had to bend it back. I was concerned about it and we had the the following conversation:

Me: "How does that work? If you bent a coat hanger, you can't get it strait again?"

Body Shop: "When we get done with it, it will be straighter then when it left the factory. Usually there is a + or - 3 degree tolerance at the factory. We don't do tolerance, our machine does 100% strait."

The Jeep drives great. I didn't notice the added weight of the bumpers but it isn't bad at all. Everything lines up. I can't complain at all. You can ask you body shop if they are will to use aftermarket parts. Good luck
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jedi Knight
Sorry to hear about your accident. I don't know if the frame itself was bent. Something was bent (I can't remember what they said it was) and they had to bend it back. I was concerned about it and we had the the following conversation:

Me: "How does that work? If you bent a coat hanger, you can't get it strait again?"

Body Shop: "When we get done with it, it will be straighter then when it left the factory. Usually there is a + or - 3 degree tolerance at the factory. We don't do tolerance, our machine does 100% strait."

The Jeep drives great. I didn't notice the added weight of the bumpers but it isn't bad at all. Everything lines up. I can't complain at all. You can ask you body shop if they are will to use aftermarket parts. Good luck

thanks buddy..

thats pretty much what the dealer told me too.. hopefully i shud have my jeep back in a week.. all fixed like new..

Im gonna check out some bumpers now..

cheers
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SternAXE
thanks buddy..

thats pretty much what the dealer told me too.. hopefully i shud have my jeep back in a week.. all fixed like new..

Im gonna check out some bumpers now..

cheers
Check with the dealer first so see how much insurance is paying for your parts. Once you have that info, you can shop and hopefully find something for that exact price

Quick Reply: Accident