Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

(!)

Old 10-25-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default (!)

(!)

I am sure most here know this symbol means the tires may not be aired properly, we see it when we deflate on the trail,,, BUT

That symbol has been coming on randomly over the last 2 weeks and I haven't had time to go to the dealer yet. I keep looking at my tires every day to make sure they are full and it turns off and on during 1x during a 20 min trip or sometimes its on the whole day or off the whole day.

Anyone see this happen to theirs or have any opinion or should I just take it to the dealer?

Red
Old 10-25-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM cjsdad... i believe he had this issue too.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

ive seem this twice on my jk when 1.) when aired down, 2.) due to a broken brake line, my brake fluid was low.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

There was a post on here, where someone posted how you can turn the ignition key from off to acc 3 times or something like that and it would read the error code on your dash. I have been looking for the thread but I can't find it. Anyone help out? Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Checking the spare also?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

This was covered in the other current thread about this ... but ...

It's been fall-like cool around here for the past week or so. Lower temperatures = lower air pressure in your tires.

You said you looked at them but didn't say you checked the air pressure with a gauge. Just a WAG, but I'll bet that's all it is. My dealer even gave me a heads-up about it before I drove mine off the lot last fall.

Air'em up if they're low.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Splash
This was covered in the other current thread about this ... but ...

It's been fall-like cool around here for the past week or so. Lower temperatures = lower air pressure in your tires.

You said you looked at them but didn't say you checked the air pressure with a gauge. Just a WAG, but I'll bet that's all it is. My dealer even gave me a heads-up about it before I drove mine off the lot last fall.

Air'em up if they're low.
x2...

you are most likely right at the edge of the sensors pressure limit and the cooler temps drop it just enough to set it off.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are right its been getting down cold at night and it seems to be more of an issue in the mornings. What is the recommended tire pressure on the stock 17's with the 255's.

Red

Oh and how does it communicate with the computer? I would have thought it wouldn't know if the spare was flat unless its a wireless system?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default reply

My jeep did the same thing the minute the temperature dropped below 44 degrees. The tires are fine.. I went to the dealer and they fixed it.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

I had the issue, too - just air up!

And you're not the ONLY redhead here, my friend.