Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

50% Off Extended Warranty Service Contract from Chrysler and Prices?

Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50% Off Extended Warranty Service Contract from Chrysler and Prices?

I am assuming this is due to all the Auto industry financial troubles but I received an offer from Chrysler to purchase a Service Contract from them and I would have 50% off the MSRP + free financing for 12 or 36 months.

I purchased the Jeep July 2007 and did not purchase the extended warranty because I was not sure how long I would keep the JK. I love it and want to keep it.

For the Maximum Care Package (over 5000 parts) my prices (50% OFF) were:

6 Yr / 70,000 - $1,300

6 Yr / 100,000 - $1,900

7 Yr / 100,000 - $2,200

Anyone remember what their price was when they bought their Jeep. I understand the warranty is cheaper when purchasing at the time of the vehicle but I am just curious and would like to compare.

My dealer has always been great with mods and warranties so not worried there.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't, but I got the same offer.

I was looking at it like they are trying to get some quick $$ out of me before they go broke and don't exist anymore. Who knows with the way things are headed.

The lifetime warrenty may only be good for the life of the company, rather than the life of the vehicle......
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cdash
I don't, but I got the same offer.

I was looking at it like they are trying to get some quick $$ out of me before they go broke and don't exist anymore. Who knows with the way things are headed.

The lifetime warrenty may only be good for the life of the company, rather than the life of the vehicle......

You are correct they want money $$, but the whole economy is slowed down right now not just the Auto industry. Usually the courts won't allow the company not to honor warranties, gift cards, and things like that. The Bankruptcy court will set aside $$ for warranty coverage. Besides you can cash in the warranty if it is paid in full. Example: I buy the 7/100k $2200 warranty and next year I decide to sell the JK before the 3/36 expires I get the $2200 - $50 admin fee back, if it is past the 3/36 then it is prorated
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't waste your money. The extended warranties are not protected in most states like a factory warranty is. And the extended warranty specifically says that modified vehicles are not covered. The Magnusson-Moss act only covers factory warranties.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by def9112
I am assuming this is due to all the Auto industry financial troubles but I received an offer from Chrysler to purchase a Service Contract from them and I would have 50% off the MSRP + free financing for 12 or 36 months.

I purchased the Jeep July 2007 and did not purchase the extended warranty because I was not sure how long I would keep the JK. I love it and want to keep it.

For the Maximum Care Package (over 5000 parts) my prices (50% OFF) were:

6 Yr / 70,000 - $1,300

6 Yr / 100,000 - $1,900

7 Yr / 100,000 - $2,200

Anyone remember what their price was when they bought their Jeep. I understand the warranty is cheaper when purchasing at the time of the vehicle but I am just curious and would like to compare.

My dealer has always been great with mods and warranties so not worried there.

Thanks
Although I've had the JK since 11-24-06, when we bought it, I still have the original paperwork for the Service Contract that I did not get at that time.
The paperwork I have shows the "maxcare" for a price of $2380.00 in USD, for 7/70K miles. This with $100.00 deductable.
Your quote shows the "maxcare" for 7/100K, at $2200.00. Even though yours is for 100K miles, it doesn't seem like a 50% savings from the original cost for me.
I too got the 50% savings cirtificate from DC, and am planing on looking into it, however when I do, I'll bring their attention to the original cost of the contract that I have. Since it appears that it does not simply add 7/70 or in your case 7/100 to the vehicle, but rather the contract would be back dated to the original purchase date, and go from there, and for me it would only add another 5 years to my warranty.

Quick Reply: 50% Off Extended Warranty Service Contract from Chrysler and Prices?