Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4wheelparts wholesale rip off !!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
crafa24

Default 4wheelparts wholesale rip off !!

I live in Cali, and here the only known place to sup up your rig is 4wheelparts wholesalers. Over the years they have been over priced. I was looking to get a Skyjacker 2.5" lift with coils and shocks. they priced me the parts close to $500 dlrs (that was kinda high) but what really got me write this up was the price for install. they want ti charge about $525 to install....wata f@*!>*

has anyone had the same issues with this nationwide retailer? And then I was looking for Tailgate Guards...they told me they are not available for a JK..

MAN THEY REALLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JEEPS ANYMORE.....WATA HECK HAPPEN TO THE OLD DAYS!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
crafa24

HERE IS THE LINK...IF YOU WANA GET RIPED OFF...SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR SALES REPS ARE ON COMMISSION...YOU PAY THE OVERHEAD..

http://www.4wheelparts.com/

Last edited by Robar; 10-16-2007 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Edited non sponsor link.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have like 3 or 4 of those POS in Houston !!!!!THEY SUCK ASS!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
crafa24

Originally Posted by pebblehoppertj
Man I here ya..how they get dooo dam big...Why did DickCepec go out of business...lets bring them back..

probably the same guys eorking at 4wheel huh..jejeee bastards
Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
crafa24

Originally Posted by pebblehoppertj
Dude I was at the counter telling them to go into Quadratec and see the gear they have and to copy their model and fire their Inventory Crew...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woah i havent dealt with them yet but now i wont for sure! thx for the heads up guys!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marietta, GA location

I have not had any significant problems with the one near me. There are a couple of guys there that have no clue what they are doing, but overall, they have always worked with me on price. They always match the lowest price I have found.

I had a problem with some pro comp tires I purchased from them. They replaced them with BFGs. Also had an issue with a bestop trail cover, and they swapped it out.

I don't know about the cost for them to install stuff, as I have not had them do any work for me.

I have had trouble if I call them about something. They sometimes say they will call me back, but I never hear anything. So then I call Quadratec and give them my business.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah no problems here either in ATL. i have not used the marietta location but i use the one off Buford hwy and they all know their stuff and even have good knowledge of the JK
Old 10-16-2007, 04:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate their website....its an absolute piece of poo when it comes to the JK. If you put in your vehicle it doesn't even list the right engine..and nothing comes up correctly for a JK.

However, in the store, I think they are great. Before I bought a JK I went to our local store in OKC and they manager was super nice and took the time to explain a lot to me about offroading and help give me several paths to go down. One was doing the 'yota thing...and one was Jeep. Obviously I followed the path of the force.

I've gone back several times and they've been nothing but nice. Their inventory for JKs is lacking and they are up front about it, but they will order whatever I needed. Anything I plan on not installing myself I plan on going there for.

Obviously the stores will vary from store to store..but in OKC, they are good.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Please excuse me if you know all of this, but you said the only place in Cali is 4 Wheel Parts. I'm guessing you're new to the Jeepin' world or live in a remote area (that would still have a 4 Wheel Parts store).

I'm sure if you give you location in California, you'll get some great referrals from the members here. It seems that each shop gets it's own reputation based on it's service and know-how. Some are exceptional (it's true), some are knowledgeable but full of themselves, some are very knowledgeable even famous, won't give you warm fuzzies but will give you top notch service. Some are owned and operated by grumpy pig-headed old farts who think they're cool but will rip you off (one I know is not out of business). Remember that you do get what you pay for when it comes to service most of the time. 4 Wheel Parts in SoCal works mostly with shiny fashion statements rather than real trail rigs. They're more of a bolt on shop instead of a fab/ creative shop and can be expensive. Your dollar pays for the big shiny storefront and their big events. However, they are great for just buying a part when they've slashed the price (which they do sometimes) and walking away. You've got to be careful of their pricing strategy though. They'll bring out what they call a "new and revolutionary" tire and charge 2 to 3 times what it's worth, only to put them on "sale" for a more normal price every quarter or so. I know in the past the president of the company has ignored my clubs request for raffle prizes. Instead I got voicemail, or someone else screening his calls. They've tried in the past couple of years to be more friendly to clubs by allowing club meetings at the store.

Ask the members here where a good shop is you Your area, and what kind of service you're looking for. I bet you'll find a shop you'll create a great relationship with. I know one that's stayed up until 10:00 at night to fix my old Jeep in time for our annual Truckhaven run. That's priceless! Also, I can't stress enough how beneficial it is to get involved with a good Jeep club in your area.

Quick Reply: 4wheelparts wholesale rip off !!