Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

430n/730n on a 2012 JKUR - does it do anything other than nav?

Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my 2012 Sahara 2 weeks ago , I copied the following from owners information CD which came with it.
I guess one needs to pay extra for additional services which I don`t see traffic among them.
The Nav looks and works just like my Garmin . Unfortunately 2012 Saharas come with NAV according to the dealer
so I could not opt it out.
My radio is 430N but I understand 730 model has subscription traffic display feature.
'************************************************* *******************************

SIRIUS Travel Link (Media Center 430N Only)

Now, in addition to delivering over 130 channels of the best sports, entertainment, talk and 100% commercial-free music, SIRIUS now offers premium infotainment services that work in conjunction with compatible navigation systems.

To access SIRIUS Travel Link, press the MENU hard-key then touch the Travel Link soft-key.

SIRIUS Travel Link brings a wealth of useful information into your vehicle and right to your fingertips:

Weather

View detailed current conditions at your current location.
Check extended 12–hour and 5–day forecasts.
Store a favorite location for quick access to weather conditions and forecasts.

Ski Info

View ski and snowboarding conditions at ski resorts.
Store a favorite location for quick access to snow conditions.

Fuel Prices

Check detailed price information for fuel stations near your current location.
Sort the list of closest fuel stations by price, distance or alphabetically.
Route to selected fuel station.
Store a favorite fuel station for quick access to pricing.

Movie Listings

Check which movies are playing at theaters near your current location.
Sort the list of theaters by distance or alphabetically.
Show movie titles, start times, ratings, run length, and summaries.
Store a favorite theater for quick access to schedules.

Sports Scores

View scores and upcoming events for all major sports.
Store your favorite teams for quick access to the scores and schedules.
Note: SIRIUS Travel Link data services subscription is separate from your SIRIUS Satellite Radio (audio) subscription.

Caution!
Neither SIRIUS nor Chrysler Group LLC is responsible for any errors in accuracies in the SIRIUS data services or its use in vehicles.

SIRIUS XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. SIRIUS Radio requires a subscription, sold separately after trial subscription included with vehicle purchase. Prices and programming are provided by SIRIUS and are subject to change. Subscriptions governed by Terms & Conditions available at sirius.com/serviceterms. SIRIUS Radio U.S. service only available to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C., & PR. Visit sirius.com/TravelLink for more information on SIRIUS Travel Link.

Appendix

This appendix provides additional information about your navigation system, such as how to update the software and map data.

Updating the Software

To update the navigation system software, you must have a writable DVD, DVD drive and an Internet connection.

To update the navigation software:

Go to garmin.com/chrysler. Select Software Updates, then select Download.
Read and accept the terms of the Software License Agreement.
Follow the instructions on the Web site to complete the installation of the update software.

Updating the Map Data

The navigation system will provide periodic notification at startup when the preloaded maps are considered out of date. You can purchase a DVD of updated map data from Garmin, or ask your dealer or service center for details.

Go to garmin.com/chrysler Select Order Map Updates, and then follow the Web site checkout procedure.
After you receive your new map data DVD, follow the instructions provided with the DVD to install the new map data in your unit.

Last edited by Candlemuse; 09-15-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: disabled links
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the input.

I'm not seeing anything here that is worth the price of either the 430 or the 730. No killer features? No system integration?

I think I'll pass.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

When we bought our 2011 JKU Sahara my wife mandated that she would not let me get a Wrangler unless it had the factory navigation and leather seats - Two features I was against having in a Jeep. When faced with the alternative of not having a Jeep I bought the navigation and leather. After having the 730N for a while now I have to say that I have warmed up to it and now really like it. Of course I installed the lickpick thing and that helped as well. I just drove 2.5 hours and watched goldeneye to pass the time on it. (I know, not safe...I only put in movies I've seen 100 times so I don't have to watch the screen the whole time)
The way the music library is stored and accessed and controlled by the steering wheel controls is awesome as well.

Oh well, to each his own!

Quick Reply: 430n/730n on a 2012 JKUR - does it do anything other than nav?