Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4 Door regrets

Old 11-19-2006, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No regrets. I don't think I would be able to pull off the two door being 6' 5", my wife 5'10" and my 12 year old daughter being 5'7" and growing. Plus i love the way it drives on the highway considering my work is 50 miles away. When my daughter is out of the house I am sure I will go back to the 2 door.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talking

My hubby and I don't regret buying the 4dr. We have two sons left at home that love jeeping. It was getting harder to get them in and out of the 93 YJ. Now the guys can get out on their own and still look cool (says my 12 yr old).
Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

So far the hardest thing to get used to for me is the fact that even though it's a good bit longer, it still has a much better turning radius than most vehicles out there. Driving a TJ for the last 8 years, I'm still turning way to soon in the JK and having to back up and straigten things out to get into a parking spot.

I had gotten sloppy in my parking skills since in the TJ even if you were at an angle in the spot you were still usually in the lines :confused: , with the extra length and width of the JK, you have to get into the parking spot somewhat straight.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Area-51
The only regret I have so far is that by ordering the 4dr I am still waiting for my 4dr to even get a D status to be built :sad:
Not sure where you live but if it is any where near Brunswick Ohio Brunswick Auto Mart has that Jeep or close. I think they have about a dozen or so.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BillX4
No Regrets here... I agree, I have a YJ and I can harldy hear myself think, I test drove the JK Unimited and then put a deposit down on it immediately. We traded in our Liberty on it and in my opinion it rides better than the Liberty as well an it's a heck of alot bigger and more comfortable. My only regret is that I need a bigger garage or one of those cool organizer things because when you have the two doors and hardtop from my YJ and the freedom top and 4 doors from my JK in the garage it looks like a Jeep scrapyard! I have 3000 Miles on my JK Unlimited and love the heck out of it... but get ready for every wierdo to come talk to you about "Woah, thats the new Jeep with the gorilla commercial, awesome"
Yep, lots of people coming up at the gas station or at Home Depot. The funniest was this little 90 year old man walking by me while I was exiting my rig. He simply states, "Hummer". I jokingly act offended & say it's a Jeep. He double takes & looks her over: "Good, I never liked them damn Hummers anyway". He pats the hood of my rig & keeps on walking.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mike_Engle
Yes, I also know that feeling. Try flying in an open cockpit Stearman... It puts the willy's to shame 10 times over, but what a ride it is!!!!

Cool, do you fly a Stearman?

Andrew
Old 11-23-2006, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Default Willys 3B

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Try driving a 54 willys with a Chevy 350 and open headers.. and no top.....
I don't get all the banter about engine noise from people on the board. On my CJ 5 we ran dual Hooker fender well headers with short mufflers, my CJ7 is dualed off out the back corners. I thought and still think the higher the rumble factor the better. Open headers on your 350/3B = sweet music. I'd drive with open headers all the time if it were legal. By the way I enjoyed the pics of it. It must be a hand full
Old 11-23-2006, 03:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Dont get me wrong I love the loud rumble, Every vehicle we have is a Jeep, noise is not a bother me at all...

I am very impressed with how quite the tops are on the new JK..

Oh yeah.. let keep this on topic..
Old 11-25-2006, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default No regrets on 4 door

I've had our silver 4 door Rubicon for a month now. We had a very well equipped 2000 TJ for 7 years and the new 4 door is a great improvement. It is hard to believe a vehicle so comfortable can perform so well offroad. The extra width and length is not nearly as big a drawback as expected. The 4 door is far more capable from the factory than the TJ. The electric swaybar disconnect is amazing.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Just test drove 1 so far........WHAT A RIDE !

Quick Reply: 4 Door regrets