Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4 days in a TJ = too long without my JK!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may ride better but bottom line its a jeep and road trips are out for me i did San diego to vegas and back in a day and could barely walk when i got home after that. I wanted to stay in a hotel but the wife wanted to power through. Saved me 50 bucks in hotel money but I just spent 30k on her truck. Next time 6 hours top in the JK a day.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Jeeps are not cars tarted up to look they can go offroad. They are offroad vehicles calmed down enough to be viable on the street. In this, the JKU excels. Comparing models (X, Sahara, Rubicon), it is as capable as its shorter brother, superior in some ways and comparable in others.

If you want to street or road race, don't use any Jeep to do that. I don't take my Mustang offroad and I don't ask my JKU to handle like my Shelby.

When driving the JKU, I like pushing it through the gears. It is an enjoyable driver, if at a more relaxed pace. In fact, its more fun. I don't need a radar detector when I'm JK'ing on the streets. Its still a blast, especially when the top's down.

Offroad, there's nothing like a Jeep Wrangler, whether two or four doors.

That's what as least some of the saying "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" means to me.

JeepGeezer
Old 03-13-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
The motor is adequate in the JK's....and enough with the superchips....

It's a nice change not to get pulled over for speeding in the JKU. It saves me ticket money, Insurance premiums and demerits on my licence. If I had a Hemi or CTD in the JKU...well...all my mod $$$ would be going to tickets and increased insurance.
Lets just say u can get pulled over for speeding in a JKU and get a ticket
Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

no long trips for me in my jk....this is why i bought the wife the grand cherokee..great ride...

Quick Reply: 4 days in a TJ = too long without my JK!