Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4 days in a TJ = too long without my JK!

Old 03-11-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 days in a TJ = too long without my JK!

I dropped my JK off @ the dealer this past Monday for the tranny recall and some other minor BS....4 days later, I got it back! During that time, I drove my step-father's TJ...which was really nice of him, but man did I miss the ride quality of my JK!

I also have to say that I am still not convinced that the JK is so underpowered....the TJ is really not any faster. If you need throw you in your seat power, then do not buy a Wrangler of any model! It sounds a lot more throaty, but really did not leave me feeling like I had made a bad choice with the JK. So to all the haters...find something else to spend your time on, cuz the JK is every bit as much a BAMF Jeep as the TJ!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

I agree with the BAMF, but the JK engine still sucks. ;-)
Old 03-12-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

They started changing things on the Jeep in 1946.

You would think people would be used to it by now.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiDude
I dropped my JK off @ the dealer this past Monday for the tranny recall and some other minor BS....4 days later, I got it back! During that time, I drove my step-father's TJ...which was really nice of him, but man did I miss the ride quality of my JK!

I also have to say that I am still not convinced that the JK is so underpowered....the TJ is really not any faster. If you need throw you in your seat power, then do not buy a Wrangler of any model! It sounds a lot more throaty, but really did not leave me feeling like I had made a bad choice with the JK. So to all the haters...find something else to spend your time on, cuz the JK is every bit as much a BAMF Jeep as the TJ!
couldn't agree with you more!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The motor is adequate in the JK's....and enough with the superchips....

It's a nice change not to get pulled over for speeding in the JKU. It saves me ticket money, Insurance premiums and demerits on my licence. If I had a Hemi or CTD in the JKU...well...all my mod $$$ would be going to tickets and increased insurance.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

I think adequate is a good word...I mean it does what it needs to!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

I think adequate is a good word...I mean it does what it needs to!
yup....with superchips, gears etc... makes it even more liveable...I have a summer toy which fills the power void the Jk can't..
Old 03-13-2010, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

my son was moved to a different post 3 weeks ago..from alaska to kileen texas.(fort hood)i recieved his 2002 tj to do some reairs on it...i placed a 4 inch r/c lift on it and made him some engine mods on that 4.0...the tj had 3.73 from the factory,so it would move fairly good on the street...i had been driving the jeep for over a week .then i made the drive to his post to deliver the jeep to him. bottom line the only thing i miss from my old tj is the grunt of the 4.0.but my jk i will not replace.yes the engine is not the best .but the ride of the jk is just so much better than the tj's...i was glad to drive my jk again......
Old 03-13-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

It took 4 days for the recall work
Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Nah...my dealer can not manage time for shit!
As far as the roar of the 4.0 I agree, is cool, but the ride quality of the TJ sucks balls! No matter what anyone says, most newer model jeeps, say last 10 years or so, are daily drivers first then trail rigs second! As for mine, still sorts new at the offroading' but my Rubi gets me the same place as the rest of the big rigs out there and then back to nice daily driver...its like a commuting toy!

Quick Reply: 4 days in a TJ = too long without my JK!