Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

3K off of sticker?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truecar.com

Originally Posted by rubiman
Hmmm... I am in Idaho. The car is through a dealer in Colorado. I just done see how I can get the price down another 2K!
According to truecar, my deal is great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-12-10 at 12.25.30 PM.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	248063
Old 12-10-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

..and they say NY is expensive.

I would try to expand your area out a little. It may save you 2k

Click image for larger version

Name:	True Car.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	248086
Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lotus F1

Attachment 248086

It makes sense that demand, thus price, would be much higher in Idaho than in New York City.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walc
It makes sense that demand, thus price, would be much higher in Idaho than in New York City.
Huh? keep in mind this includes PA, NJ, and upstate NY areas, it's not just "The City". I really don't think Idaho sells more Jeeps then the NY-NJ-CT-PA area's which are all within 100 miles of each others borders.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Huh? keep in mind this includes PA, NJ, and upstate NY areas, it's not just "The City". I really don't think Idaho sells more Jeeps then the NY-NJ-CT-PA area's which are all within 100 miles of each others borders.

The " best price ", which is the comparison to which you referred, is 16 miles from Staten Island, NY, which is NYC area.
Furthermore, the NYC trade-in prices will be lower than Idaho, because of supply vs. demand.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

The " best price ", which is the comparison to which you referred, is 16 miles from Staten Island, NY, which is NYC area.
Furthermore, the NYC trade-in prices will be lower than Idaho, because of supply vs. demand.
Walc, it doesn't matter as the same Dealerships service at minimum a 100 miles radius or more. They all have to compete. I typed in different zip codes up to 100 miles away from NYC and still get the same price. It is not just using a16 mile area. The Jeep demand for the North East Corridor and the millions of people far far exceed Idaho or similar. Were talking the difference of 1.5 million Idaho to 8 million just for New York City alone! I really don't think it's because Idaho has greater demand. If anything it may be the opposite and they just don't move enough units to offer bulk sales and thus the lower prices. The more you sell the cheaper and more stock that can be ordered from Chrysler.

I never consider trade-in anywhere. It should have no consideration for what you are actually paying for a Jeep.

Last edited by Lotus F1; 12-10-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I never consider trade-in anywhere. It should have no consideration for what you are actually paying for a Jeep.
If the OP, or anyone, is trading, it certainly is a fundamental part of the equation a/k/a bottom line, true cost, etc.

Once again, your comparison of NYC Metro Area prices, to Idaho, is flawed because of the supply/demand factor in the equation.

The NYC Metro Area has many more dealers trying to sell Wranglers than Idaho does. Moreover, Wranglers are more likely to have utilitarian value in Idaho than they do in NYC. Thus, Wranglers sell for more in Idaho, whether they are new or used.

In any event, it seems we both agree that expanding one's buying search area may result in significant savings.

I live in a semi-rural area and I often save thousands, on vehicle purchases, by internet searching, and buying, within a 150 mile radius, which includes the Washington, DC Metro Area.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Attachment 248086
Problem is I have to drive there, etc.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the OP, or anyone, is trading, it certainly is a fundamental part of the equation a/k/a bottom line, true cost, etc.
That's my point. Always negotiate the price of the Jeep prior any mentioning of a trade in. You don't want them to start skewing the two together. First purchase vehicle price, then trade-in afterwards. That what you know what your getting for each.

Yes definitely throw in some zip codes up to 200 miles away towards populated cities and see what you get back.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's my point. Always negotiate the price of the Jeep prior any mentioning of a trade in.
I've found that dealers ask whether I'm trading, and financing, early in the shopping process.
I prefer to tell the truth and have them show me each part of the bottom line separately.
That way, I get the information I want without evidencing that I am duplicitous. ( I didn't say I'm not. I just don't like proving it. ).

Quick Reply: 3K off of sticker?