Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

303 Protectant

Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dominostilidie
Anyone try Autozone? Do they have it?
Most likely no. Try a boat supply store.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
Yes.
I've always been afraid to polish up the fenders because of products like armor all drying out plastics and what not
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chair King in my area has it, they recommend it for the plastic patio furniture and other outdoor equipment. So far I have been using it on the fenders and mirrors, they are already in better shape than the door handles and now I put it on those as well. This weekend I'm getting the soft top out and will be putting a good coat on it.

It's in a different class compared to amourall.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine just showed up on my doorstep, ordered from Amazon. It got all but the worst (orbital-polisher applied) wax stains out of my fenders, along with every other bit of discoloration. They look like new, not overly glossy, just healthy. I think 303 might be everything Armor All wishes it was.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
Chair King in my area has it, they recommend it for the plastic patio furniture and other outdoor equipment. So far I have been using it on the fenders and mirrors, they are already in better shape than the door handles and now I put it on those as well. This weekend I'm getting the soft top out and will be putting a good coat on it.

It's in a different class compared to amourall.
I'm going to have to head to Conroe to pick up a couple of bottles since there isn't anywhere to buy it here.

What all can you use it on? I just bought my Jeep two months ago, so should I wait a while before putting it on, or would it be best to start using it now to prevent the fading?

Last edited by Bennny; 06-10-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bennny
I'm going to have to head to Conroe to pick up a couple of bottles since there isn't anywhere to buy it here.

What all can you use it on? I just bought my Jeep two months ago, so should I wait a while before putting it on, or would it be best to start using it now to prevent the fading?
Do you use sunblock lotion before or after getting a sunburn ?
Yes, use it before the sun does it's thing.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bennny

Not sure where you are but Chair King is in The Woodlands across from the mall.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
Not sure where you are but Chair King is in The Woodlands across from the mall.
I live in CS....thats kinda a long drive, but maybe i'll take the girlfriend shopping and stop by there on the way

Last edited by Bennny; 06-11-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toad
You can also get 303 at pool/spa supply stores. That's where I get mine. I spray it on a rag and wipe it on real well. It tends to leave streaks on the paint but that can just wipe off with a dry towel. I haven't used it on my soft top windows..it just needs a clean towel and water. But, it works great on the fenders, soft top, tires, interior dash and my steel bumpers. It has UV protectants in it to protect against the sun and leaves no greasy feeling or mess. I highly recommend this product.
thanks for the break down toad, i was wondering if you can use it on more then just the soft top, i use the armor-all on my bumpers, fender and such and a day later they are covered in dust from the oily residue armor-all leaves, gonna have to go find me some today
Old 08-19-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 303 in Ontario

I got curious about this stuff as my soft top is fading. I called the local pop-up camping trailer shop as there is alot of vinyl on trailers so one would assume they would have it. Niagara Trailers in Niagara on the Lake (St. Davids), Ontario carries it. They want $19 + tax for the 16 oz bottle and $38 + tax for the 32 oz bottle. Canada's prices are brutal compared to the US.

Gonna have to visit my buddy in Lewiston NY I guess lol.

Quick Reply: 303 Protectant