Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

303 Protectant

Old 05-01-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"had some brown color to it"

whoa dude.......whatchya been doin with it??
Old 05-01-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I gotta pick some up. My top is getting ratty looking. And I'm pretty sure theres a West Marine in Perth Amboy. Sweet!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hbomb
dude.

where in oakville did you get it? canadian tire stopped selling it cause their dicks. apparently people like their armor all a lot more than 303 cause their dicks too!
There is a West Marine next to Whole Foods, corner of Trafalgar and Speers (Cornwall).
I got the last bottle a month ago, but I would think they have more in stock now.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by svalvasori
There is a West Marine next to Whole Foods, corner of Trafalgar and Speers (Cornwall).
I got the last bottle a month ago, but I would think they have more in stock now.
thanks. that's what i thought but i haven't gone in there yet. how much did it cost?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svalvasori
West Marine is really good about getting stuff back in stock. If not they can put in a order for it and its there in less than a week. Its something they normally stock so if their stock runs low or runs out, it will auto-reorder its self so its in stock when the next shipment comes in. (having worked there I know all this)

I just stopped by West Marine here in Houston over lunch today, bought some and used it on my soft top, fenders, and bumpers over my lunch period. Not only does it do a great job cleaning the gunk out and making it look good, but it also is really good protecting from the suns UV rays (its spf 40) so it will help ward off the sun discoloring your black plastics.

For those of us who wheel along the beach and in salty-air conditions, this stuff is great as it helps protect against the little salty pacmen who would love to nibble away at your Jeep. The bottle says its lasts 3-5 weeks. I guess depending on if you use it then go out hard core wheeling or mudding the dust or mud can get in there and shorten its life span. On the road however I could believe it to easily last that much longer if not longer than that (cause they want you to feel like you HAVE to use it every so often so you have to buy more)

Either way. After a dusty day out offroad, Using this stuff last to wipe down your vinyl windows and soft top after a good w@sh!ng (sorry swear word) it would help make your Jeep look clean. I've washed my jeep but when it dries, the body looks shiny and great but the soft top looks dusty and dirty again. I'm sure you know what Im talking about. After using this stuff today...it looks like it did on the dealership's lot.

Letsee how it holds up over the next few days/weeks.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Picked up some 303 the other day at West Marine, it was right down the street from the Jeep dealership. Two towns south of me, and a 1/2 hour drive. My bumpers looked real bad, not having any treatment for the first two years of it's life, I bought her used. Now the bumpers look like new, unbelievable.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

anybody have a problem with streaking on the soft top windows after rain?

I put it on my soft top, but after a rain, I get a bit of a streak (run marks down from the top) on the windows and down onto the paint. :(

works nice on the fenders tho.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hbomb
thanks. that's what i thought but i haven't gone in there yet. how much did it cost?

try out van and truck world too, they usually have it
Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

I found a West Marine here! I am picking some up! My secondhand top looks like crap next to the polished/waxed Jeep. It's all brown and ugly.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

I wonder how you guys are applying it? With a brush or just spray and wipe? The spray and wipe method sounds like it would use the entire bottle of 303.

Quick Reply: 303 Protectant