Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

3.6L Oil Leak

Old 06-19-2023, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Son had a leak which indicated rear seal or possible oil cooler. While looking at suspension he noticed all the oil pan bolts were loose enough and had gasket weeping. He cleaned it up and tightened the bolts and will monitor it. So your could well be a gasket with loose bolts. Not too tight though and use blu loctite and tighten them with two fingers.

Last edited by Sixty4x4; 06-19-2023 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ivan2001ve
Did you ever found the issue?? Im having a similar thing on my 2018 with 36K miles. The oil drop really never makes it to ground that tells me that it is a very small leak or some residual oil from the oil change, I'm going to clean it up today and drive it this week to see if it reappears. I hope it is just residual oil from the oil change, I still have my powertrain warranty till next month but im not looking forward to go thru dealer B.S, as I have an snorkel and other stuff added to the Jeep they will charge me an arm an leg for every accessory that it is on their way to fix this.
Hi There,
I ended up fixing my leaking oil cooler but caught it early before it made a mess. As for the leak in my photos, its still there but takes a year for it to come back so who knows where it's coming from. I just get the degreaser out once a year and hit that spot and my spot welds on my rear axle to clean it up.
# JEEP LIFE haha!

Quick Reply: 3.6L Oil Leak