Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

3.0 Diesel for wranglers?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That 2.4Lturbo 5 speed auto in the J8 would be fantastic!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm stickin with the 3.8. I ain't after no race Jeep.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This dead horse is gonna get up if we keep beatin it.
I kinda figured this was a topic that had been hit upon on more than one occasion. I suppose if I put in a thorough search effort I could dig up a whole wealth of cummins swap info and debate. I imagine I'll just end up slapping some bolt ons to the 3.8L and patiently keep my fingers crossed that jeep has its radar up, and perhaps we'll see a stock application diesel motor in the future.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwcastle
New to the forum, and jeeps for that matter, and i'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but the other day i saw a jeep cherokee with 3.0 diesel badges, and was wondering if anyone has done a motor swap for this option, or if there is anything in the rumor mill about offering a diesel for the wranglers? It seems to me like a diesel wrangler would be a huge hit among consumers. I wonder what the swap cost would be like compared to a hemi swap? anyways, just throwing it out there. Here's a link to jeeps article on the diesel and flex fuel 4.7 for the suv's http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/news/jeep/diesel.html
I don't know what the future for a diesel is in the JK in the US, but they currently using the 2.8 overseas, apparently with good results. Will be interesting to see how well the 3.0L sells in the GC.

Quick Reply: 3.0 Diesel for wranglers?