Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2wd jeeps???

Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2wd jeeps???

can you get a 2wd jeep. not interested in one just wana know
Old 10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
can you get a 2wd jeep. not interested in one just wana know
yup, you can get a 4dr in 4 x 2
Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

I don't think it makes any sense for Jeep marketing wise to distribute a 2WD, but it is, in fact, available in the USA...
Don't think we have it here in Canada....
Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

they make them for the people that want the look and will never use the 4 wheel drive, but they can put the roof down and enjoy the beautiful weather. too each him own.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

NOPE they....don't exist in Canada.......WOOHOOO........i think it's blasephemous!!

If you want a 2wd Jeep you have to get a Patriot or Compass!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudslingin44
they make them for the people that want the look and will never use the 4 wheel drive, but they can put the roof down and enjoy the beautiful weather. too each him own.
At least 30-40% of the Jeep owners in SoCal could live comfortably with 2WDs, they buy them because they want to go topless.

The USPS and some parking enforcement and police departments also buy them.

And maybe even some disgruntled 4WD JK owners that are willing to do *anything* to get better performance from the anemic 3.8L might consider tossing 4WD once they toss the top, doors, spare, rear and passenger seats.... Nahhhhh!

Coincidentally, I have received 3 calls in the past few weeks from as many dealers I tried to negotiate with earlier this year when I bought my JK. I was unable to negotiate an agreeable price with any of them and for some reason they all seem to have found a 2WD unit with the exact options that I wanted that they are willing to sell for a couple thousand dollars less than I was offering for the 4WD I wanted. Chrysler must have put a large incentive to dealers to blow out the 2009 2WD JKs.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Yep, Instead of the trail rated badge they have a special one that says "grocery getter".
Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

Be nice Seth...
Old 10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought this was the badge?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by spinlock
At least 30-40% of the Jeep owners in SoCal could live comfortably with 2WDs, they buy them because they want to go topless.

The USPS and some parking enforcement and police departments also buy them.

And maybe even some disgruntled 4WD JK owners that are willing to do *anything* to get better performance from the anemic 3.8L might consider tossing 4WD once they toss the top, doors, spare, rear and passenger seats.... Nahhhhh!

Coincidentally, I have received 3 calls in the past few weeks from as many dealers I tried to negotiate with earlier this year when I bought my JK. I was unable to negotiate an agreeable price with any of them and for some reason they all seem to have found a 2WD unit with the exact options that I wanted that they are willing to sell for a couple thousand dollars less than I was offering for the 4WD I wanted. Chrysler must have put a large incentive to dealers to blow out the 2009 2WD JKs.
At the dealership a few weeks ago getting my free oil change and they had a ton of 2009 2WD's sale. I am betting even in SOCAL people know better.

Quick Reply: 2wd jeeps???