Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

28,000 mark

Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28,000 mark

Well my JK hit 28000 today and she will be a year old on the 22nd of march. Yes I drive alot. Tommorow she gets new shoes with 305's, and TFBB2.5. Ive been reading some of the issues people are having with their jeeps and just wanted to post and say ,overall she's been good to me. I have the clutch squeak issue that I am fighting with Chrysler to fix right now and some leakage at the doors, BUT it's a jeep its gonna leak.
I was driving an 05 liberty before I bought this one, because my 98 TJ didnt have enough room 4 what I need but when the 4doors came out I was in. I need new gears since I have the crappy 3.21's and Ill probably put new axle shafts in eventually in the front. She has been decent on gas and great to and from Virginia and Philly trips.
So, dont get discouraged because I know when reading problem posts you think it's every JK ever built but it's not. I sometimes get caught up in that too but you gotta remember it's gonna break and hopefully you can handle it without too much sacrifice.
I am a parts manager at a 3 carline dealership(suzuki,Isuzu,Kia) EVERY NEW CAR BREAKS sometimes little things sometimes major- So lets keep positive about our JKs and help each other out when there are problems.

Danielle
Old 03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was quite well said. I too have just over 28k on mine. Actually just under 29k. I have had no problems either, not even a single top leak and mine was a nov. 06 build purchased Dec. 29th 06. I don't know why people complain so much. I think they didn't know what they were getting into. I wish some of the people that complain I could take them for a ride in my 82 CJ7 and see how much they like that. I just love to drive it and my JK is like driving a Mercedes in comparison. Good Luck with yours

Quick Reply: 28,000 mark