Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2018 Wrangler will get 3.0 Diesel and 8 Speed

Old 03-16-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
So I was at the dealer on Wednesday and they told me on a closed door meeting on Monday they said the new wrangler will not have a stick in the diesel and get this, it will loose the removable hard top and doors!!! WTF!! The guy said just hold on to yours cause its going to skyrocket in value when the new one comes out.
I'm not sure I believe anything a dealer says, unless it's been published by the manufacturer, or is a number impact-printed on a legal sales document. Everything else is hearsay.

Edit: Also, the dealer's statement in itself isn't logical. A "closed door" meeting denotes secrecy, only for the ears of privileged few. So, now they're just sharing this information with whomever happens to walk through the dealer? mmhmm....

Last edited by jk_sea; 03-16-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea

I'm not sure I believe anything a dealer says, unless it's been published by the manufacturer, or is a number impact-printed on a legal sales document. Everything else is hearsay.

Edit: Also, the dealer's statement in itself isn't logical. A "closed door" meeting denotes secrecy, only for the ears of privileged few. So, now they're just sharing this information with whomever happens to walk through the dealer? mmhmm....
I threw in the closed door part. They said it was a pre doors open meeting they had. So to me that does me closed door kinda since no one else could inside when it happened. I asked if he was sure he didn't hear a none folding windshield like we all heard and not the top and doors. His response was no they said top and doors. I told him that would be the death of the jeep brand and he agreed. Hope he's mistaken

Quick Reply: 2018 Wrangler will get 3.0 Diesel and 8 Speed