Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2014 ordered!!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

As of now, there is no release date for this color unfortunately.
Damn, I hate just waiting.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got an email about my Jeep going into production yesterday. Frame and paint done, on trim now!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Just placed my order today for a Billet Rubicon 2-Door. I kept it pretty basic with manual trans and half doors.

Now the waiting begins.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker
Just placed my order today for a Billet Rubicon 2-Door. I kept it pretty basic with manual trans and half doors.

Now the waiting begins.
I personally love my half doors! I can drop the top, stow my half door uppers behind the rear seat, and hit the road!!! If I get away from the house and it looks like I might get rained out...I have everything with me to get her buttoned back down! You're going to love it!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jsukey
I personally love my half doors! I can drop the top, stow my half door uppers behind the rear seat, and hit the road!!! If I get away from the house and it looks like I might get rained out...I have everything with me to get her buttoned back down! You're going to love it!
That kind of post makes me that much more confident I made the right decision.
I had half doors in my TJ years ago. I missed them in the JK I own now. Had planned to replace the doors of my current JK with aftermarket half doors. Ended up replacing the whole Jeep.

Do you (or anyone) have any comments as far as how the new half-doors compare to the half doors of previous models?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker
That kind of post makes me that much more confident I made the right decision.
I had half doors in my TJ years ago. I missed them in the JK I own now. Had planned to replace the doors of my current JK with aftermarket half doors. Ended up replacing the whole Jeep.

Do you (or anyone) have any comments as far as how the new half-doors compare to the half doors of previous models?
I've never had any experience with the TJ half doors. My first Jeep was a '93 YJ and it's doors didn't uhhmm...exist. I bought my '07 3 months ago. It is a black Sahara, and for some reason it came from the factory with a tan top. Yeah...that had to go!! Since then I have replaced the top with a brand new, '10 take off, and replaced the half door uppers with black Mopar units from Quadratec. Absolutely love it now!! Not a single leak, and quiet enough to have a normal conversation with the passenger while running 80 mph without having to shout. The best thing I've noticed about the half doors, is the better outcome you have with the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets if you choose to do so. Anyone with hard doors, loses the use of the passenger side mirror due to the door frame. I still take my doors off when the weather is cool enough...insert "it's a Jeep thing" here. The mirror is fine with the half door uppers off. With them on, you still get a little of the mirror.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by malignant
Got an email about my Jeep going into production yesterday. Frame and paint done, on trim now!
When did you order your JK? I ordered mine towards the later half of July and production is still scheduled
Old 08-21-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone post here when granite becomes avail? Currently serving overseas, but don't want to call the dealer weekly, thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alucchesi13

When did you order your JK? I ordered mine towards the later half of July and production is still scheduled
Don't stress it mine went through 3 stages in one day. The web isn't that accurate.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am pretty clueless I had no idea you could just order a Jeep! That's fantastic!

So you just go to the dealership and order? Is the benefit that it comes custom to you; or is there also a price benefit from not buying off the lot?

Quick Reply: 2014 ordered!!