Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 Exterior Colors

Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayW
Poly Green is now confirmed as Commando Green. It's a clearcoat color that is a pretty nifty shade of olive green with some tan tones to it. No pic on a jeep yet but you can google the color and the swatch color is pretty consistent.

Sounds very promising. Also, Dune was confirmed for the fall as well. I'm not sure but the Commando Green may be delayed till about that time as well. I could see both those coming out just in time for the 10yr Anniversary Rubicon Edition that was confirmed.
Ten year anniversary rubicon? Do you have any more information on this? I may hold off buying a new jeep if this is coming down the pipe.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was confirmed by a Jeep official. It will probably be speced similarly to the MW3.

Originally Posted by ShadowBlade72
Ten year anniversary rubicon? Do you have any more information on this? I may hold off buying a new jeep if this is coming down the pipe.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShadowBlade72

Would be cool if it had an engine option like hemi, diesel, etc...
Old 06-04-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

They should come out with brown so we dont have to wash it.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Riptide
Shit. Blue is my favorite color... and NOW they come out with it (vs the crappy blues for the 2012s)... Oh well.
Depending on what you want, the blue looks as though it's going to be dark. Agree Patriot Blue was an awesome color, I would buy that in a heart beat if it was available... but "true blue" is what's currently in production on the Patriots, and if it's the same, it's a very dark blue.

Commando Green and Dune will both be big sellers IMO. I locked down a 2012 Flame Red last week, thinking Dune was out, and the green was the Polynesian. That said, I think you get to a point where you can always "wait one more year" to see what's going to change, maybe a color you like better, or new this or that. When the sun sets, I waited a LONG time to finally be in position to get myself a wrangler, at this point it could be pink and I think I'd still be excited about it.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

I have seen a true blue jeep and it does actually look pretty good. Checkout the Freedom Special Edition...very small run in 2012. The color is a dark blue - not ridiculous dark like Black Forrest Green. Actually looks pretty good to be honest and I'm not a "blue" guy. Check out this pic...

Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition | Jeep 4x4 | 2012 Jeep

I'm on board with the Commando and Dune colors. Rugged Brown sounds pretty neat as well...definitely old school. Brown, with tan leather, get some nice Gold Leaf decals and slap RENEGADE on the hood. I get back from Afghanistan in a week and I'm going to push my order off until I see the new colors.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
The blue you show above in the TJ and Liberty pics is Patriot Blue - not True Blue unless they've renamed an existing color.
The linked picture of the TJ is Patriot Blue, the attachment with the Patriot is True Blue.

This is Rugged Brown

Curious to what Rock Lobster, Dune and Commando will be.

Last edited by Vanilla_Coke; 06-05-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke

The linked picture of the TJ is Patriot Blue, the attachment with the Patriot is True Blue.

This is Rugged Brown

Curious to what Rock Lobster, Dune and Commando will be.
I really like rugged brown. I think it will look awesome on the jk's. I just hope they offer it with a black interior and not boring predictable tan.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
Would be cool if it had an engine option like hemi, diesel, etc...
Donīt be so keen on those European diesel engines.
The have less power then the 3.6, not much less fuel consumption and more parts to break.

I would directly swap my CRD diesel against an 3.6...... or a hemi

Hmmmmm a Hemi JKUR in Sahara tan or Gecko Green maybe
Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
I really like rugged brown. I think it will look awesome on the jk's. I just hope they offer it with a black interior and not boring predictable tan.
Haha, I like the brown and tan combo...

Last edited by Vanilla_Coke; 06-05-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Exterior Colors