Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 Exterior Colors

Old 05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are correct generally. For example, I went to the ENCS because I could NOT find the color/option combo that I wanted even when doing a nation wide search. You find something promising in NY state but you tack on about $1700 (at least) in transporting it to you. That said, not sure how much of a better deal on the 2013s you can get at the opening of the year model.

I was partly stuck sense I get back in June...slim pickings for 2012's and prior to the 2013s getting spun up. I was banking on the colors being update/swapped a little. Doesn't look like they will have a tan or decent green so I'll get a an acceptable 3rd choice. Essentially, what I was doing with the 2012's but I get my jeep made to order which I couldn't do with 2012s.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke
True Blue isn't a bright color.

I take back my statements about being happy with True Blue, it doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of flake as Patriot Blue and just looks like crap in person; went and looked today.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1333.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	322925  
Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

If this list for 2013 is acurate (and I have no reason to think it's not), we may look back at 2012 as the year of some very rare-bird Jeeps.

One year run for Crush.
Two month run for Winter Chill.
One month run for Gecko.

I don't know if that's happened before. I bought a white 2012 JKU because I don't like the skittles look. Maybe I should've bought the Gecko JKU my local dealer had just because it may be the only one I ever see.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke

I take back my statements about being happy with True Blue, it doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of flake as Patriot Blue and just looks like crap in person; went and looked today.
Wow thats ugly...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

I think I'll stick with the wc for at least another year. Haha
Old 06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd take a Patriot Blue in a heart beat. My old TJ looked so nice shined up.

I say that but I'll be stuck with RedRock(lame) for a LOOOONG time.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Wow thats ugly...
Yeah, I asked the sales guy twice if that's True Blue and every time he was like "Yeah True Blue". ugh...

Now that I see that Billet isn't going to be as late as I thought, I guess its either gonna be Black or Billet for me, assuming I even bother lol.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

I wish you could order it unpainted but primed and ready for paint. That way you could just do the work yourself and get whatever color you want.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JayW
Not sure about the 0% for 36mo is still active. They did offer me that. 60mo was 2.8% and 72mo at 3.39%.

For the program I ordered through they guarantee beating MSRP. No big shakes there but they do the base price of the vehicle for a couple hundred under and then every MSRP option price is cut lower (significantly in some cases). Once you get the MILQuote price they start adding in discounts. In my case, Chrysler Military, Loyalty, and College discounts. I also got a discount on the projected fuel cost for a year. The real advantage is that until you take delivery you can pay on it and essentially, keep adding to your downpayment to lower the actual financed cost of the vehicle. I order now, take delivery about 20Sept-ish, and can put about $3k more on it pretty easy. It works pretty well if you make the call on the vehicle you want relatively early in a deployment and you are paying on it for several months then take delivery and your financing kicks in. I know several folks that have just about paid off half the cost of their car during a deployment before financing.

For the deployed Jeepers looking for a 2013 i highly recommend looking in to the ENCS program.
Used ENCS for my Challenger during my 2010 deployment. Great deals, no doubt (deals usually depend on the manufacturer and model). For those military (or USAA members) that are non-deployed, you can get a similarly exceptional price through USAA's car buying service. Manufacturers offer a lot of the same savings to USAA that they do to ENCS. Loaded JKU Sahara going for $32k-$34k depending on location. Got about $3,500 below MSRP on 2012 JKU.

Last edited by BlueBob; 06-03-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank God they pulled Crush!

I'll be very interested in what the Poly Green actually looks like from Mopar.

Quick Reply: 2013 Exterior Colors