Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 Build and Price

Old 09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used my Tread Lightley membership to get my 2013 Rubicon at 1% under invoice, and still had room to negotiate a few hundred more off . I wound up getting it with the 100k premium waranty for about 3k less than sticker which was 37,730. Did real well with ethe trade too!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a question for anyone with a 2013, I was just going through the build and price... Whats the deal with the "anti-spin rear differential"? I mean my 07 has the brake limited slip on all corners and I would assume if it was a limited slip they would just call it that? And also how is the "premium soft top"? supposedly it is 3 ply which would be really nice, but how is it in person? the noise level inside while driving? sorry for all the questions but curiosity got the better of me
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CrazyJK
I got a question for anyone with a 2013, I was just going through the build and price... Whats the deal with the "anti-spin rear differential"? I mean my 07 has the brake limited slip on all corners and I would assume if it was a limited slip they would just call it that? And also how is the "premium soft top"? supposedly it is 3 ply which would be really nice, but how is it in person? the noise level inside while driving? sorry for all the questions but curiosity got the better of me
Not sure on either question , no axle options on a Rubicon othe rthan gears and I have the hard top.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

The 2013 "premium soft top" is more like a black cloth material, the inside of the top is black now. Where the normal top Is a whiteish grey. As for driving noise its a little quieter but hardly a noticeable difference.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Idk about the premium soft top, but the Anti-Spin diff is basically how they justify charging you a lot more for one more thing that is a small change and not as good as what it claims to be. It only locks the axles together until you actually get stuck. When you get stuck, you'll think your fine, then it's gonna disengage and become a crappy LSD and ur SOL
Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sommer13

Idk about the premium soft top, but the Anti-Spin diff is basically how they justify charging you a lot more for one more thing that is a small change and not as good as what it claims to be. It only locks the axles together until you actually get stuck. When you get stuck, you'll think your fine, then it's gonna disengage and become a crappy LSD and ur SOL
What are you talking about? First off go check the price on ADDING an LSD or locker to a JK after you've purchased it. You could spend up to $1000 to add something that the factory does for a puny $295. Your last two sentences make zero sense and I'd love an explanation. I've owned six lockers and LSD's and the JK's works great and it's a good deal.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the rest here, but I purchased a 13 JKUR with a window sticker of $39,495. I got it below employee price with just old haggling. I purchased it for $36,086.00. Invoice was $38,078.00. The fleet guy was asking all kinds of questions on how I purchased it so cheep, when I was in signing all the papers. He asked if I had Tread Lightly or something else to get it below EP. I just smiled and said " nope, just know how to negotiate".
Old 09-03-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
Some how I doubt that it was fully or partially loaded or if it was that it was a rubi. A fully loaded 2013 JKU rubi MSRP's above 43k. Even with employee pricing you are about 7k off from your 30k price you quoted. I call bull shit unless your a forgetting to tell us about your down payment. Post up your build sheet that the dealer printed out for you when you ordered the jeep.
x2 B.S.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Flip94ta

What are you talking about? First off go check the price on ADDING an LSD or locker to a JK after you've purchased it. You could spend up to $1000 to add something that the factory does for a puny $295. Your last two sentences make zero sense and I'd love an explanation. I've owned six lockers and LSD's and the JK's works great and it's a good deal.
Anti slips aren't lockers. They are clutch based LSD's. I get that it's a good price to actually have it pre installed, but they market it like its an actual locker and it's not, and I for one hate that.

You're determining its value by the price it cost to just have it put in a jeep before you buy it rather than doing some research on it.

Last edited by Sommer13; 09-03-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

I get what your saying by marketing it as a Trac LOK, it's not a locker. It really should be called a SureGrip or similar. For 90% of JK owners it's a huge, cheap upgrade over an open diff. The 2011 JKU sport we test drove/rented spun the rears in the wet, just unacceptable for turning left out of our driveway or daycare on to busy roads. The traclok is stiff enough to spin both tires on dry pavement and I wouldnt order a JK without one. But yes if serious wheeling was in your future lockers would be best and ordering a stripped out base or a Rubi.

Last edited by Flip94ta; 09-04-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Build and Price