Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Surprises

Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msquaredIN

Not near mine at the moment but it just covers the under floor storage area not the entire rear cargo area. Kinda odd they did it that way....
My 2011 mat covers the whole rear cargo area.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msquaredIN
Not near mine at the moment but it just covers the under floor storage area not the entire rear cargo area. Kinda odd they did it that way....
This is wrong or you have the wrong mat. Mine covers the whole area, don't have any pictures handy though. I would say hold off and do not order a new mat till you see the one that comes standard. Definately get floormats for the seating area(I reccomend tread lightly), but wait and see for yourself about the rear cargo mat.

I will not be buying a new cargo area mat as the stock one is nice.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting! I have a 2 door and just took another look. I guess it covers most of the area behind the rear seat. I rarely have my back seat in so that skewed my view of "cargo area". BUT it does just cover the lid of the under floor storage. The mat measures 14" x 30" so it leaves a border all the way around uncovered. Its carpet on one side and rubber with "JEEP" on the other.

Did I get the wrong mat? or is this correct for a 2 door? Ill have to get a pic when I get home tonight and post it on here.

I would love to find something that covers the entire rear area (with back seat removed) as that is how I drive it 95% of the time.

Quick Reply: 2012 Surprises