Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 rumor

Old 08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot I'm waiting for the truck !!!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orp967
Any upates on what Chrysler/Fiat is going to do about releasing the EV Wrangler? I really like the "rumor" about it not having an engine but four motors (one for each wheel).
From Motor Trend:

In fact, we've been hearing that a pair of wheel-mounted electric motors could work on a future model to make the SUV more trail capable, but the computer power needed to make the front and rear motors sync is prohibitive. Our guess is that it's still a few years out at best.

Also, look at the limitations of existing vehicles. The Toyota Highlander 4x4 warns against using the 4x4 system too long in deep sand or snow or the motors will burn up!

Finally, do you really think Jeep quality is good enough you could bury an EV Jeep in deep water without damaging the motors? Hell, you can't even cycle the clutch in a JK today without causing water damage!

I'll wait until the 3rd or 4th year of the model before I'm going to jump on that bandwagon.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How dare you post something that actually makes sense! Trying to start a trend?

Originally Posted by Bacon
if you feel the JK is severely underpowered now, you are still going to find severely underpowered with the new 3.6 Pentastar. the increased HP number is PEAK HP. and it's at something like 5900 rpm! keep an eye on your tach--how often do you ever 5900 rpm????? seriously ppl....the new pentastar is not going to be the saviour powerplant you all seem to think it will be. first of all, more torque is what the JK's need. aerodynamically speaking, it's a brick. it needs more torque to push against the air. and it needs that torque over a broad rpm range, not just above 3500 rpm. my god i'm sick of hearing about the pentastar 3.6 like it's going to make the JK the most amazing vehicle to come along since the Delorean or Bricklin.
I agree with your observations. It's likely that the new engine will have a similar torque curve to the 3.8 through much of it's range, (but more passing power will be nice). They've said it will make 90% of it's peak torque from 1800 to redline, but I've not seen any third party tests of the motor's output. In any case, It's certainly not going to have significantly more grunt than the 3.8. In day to day driving and on the trail, it will probably seem quite similar in the way it drives. You'll still have to downshift going uphill in 6th at 65 mph to get it to move.

For people who own automatics, it IS likely that they will mate the motor with the new tranny that's now in the GC. That, for most people, will probably be a more significant change than the new engine. Most of the complaints about the lack of power seem to come from automatic owners, paticularly four doors.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jay-nyc
well i was going to get my lift and 35s and regearing until the owner of the shop was tell me that he's cousin was work on the wrangler tech department for jeep anyways he was telling that the 2012 was coming with the new Pentastar V6 which it was not nothing new but he was also telling me that rubi's where coming stock with 35s better rears some type of lift stock to run 35s and other new stuff so now i been thinking about waiting just leaving my stock for now and just wait to trade it in
Juat Mod it that is a year and a half away have fun now....... But my lease is up then so maybe I'll have a look
Old 08-16-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by oeser
Yeah, I think some people need to get off the interweb and go enjoy the jeep they have . . .
The sun is shining this morning...the roof is off the Jeep, I can see my it from the window, begging to go. And I have to stay at work......./sigh.

Waiting to purchase based on rumours on a model 2 years out is iffy at best. Chrysler may not even be in business by then. And even if they are, how do you know you will be (although I hope you are!).

I was reading that paragraph long sentence and feel suddenly disoriented. Excuse me I have to get off the interweb, put in a sick slip, and try to drive the 8 miles home.

Last time I felt this disoriented and had to leave work...it took me 200 miles to get home. It was dark, and the wife was worried because there was no cell phone signal where I got lost. It was scary! (Thanks OP!)
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

I think that wrangler rubicon 2012 might have Quadra-Lift System, check the below link

http://www.reedmantollchrysler.com/2...p-wrangler.htm
Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by erimurca
I think that wrangler rubicon 2012 might have Quadra-Lift System, check the below link

Dude! That article was previewing the 2011 Jeep! And it missed the mark by a mile!!

"The 2011 Jeep Wrangler will likely feature a 3.6L Penstastar V6 Engine"

"The '11 Wrangler will also get a more aerodynamic exterior design"

"offered in three trim levels: base X, mid-line Sahara, and off-road oriented Rubicon" (didn't the "base X" disappear in 2010?)

"It is also quite possible that by 2011, the electric drivetrain, Jeep Wrangler EV will be rolled out. "

best of all...

" Its Quadra lift will give it best in class ground clearance."

I don't think the guy who wrote this article should trust his source. You know - that guy who knows someone that knew a dude that worked with a chick that worked at Burger King.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
EveryyeararoundthistimewehearnewPentastarrumorsand theyalwaysturnouttobefalseyoumightbedeadin2012whys pendyourlastyearonEarthwaitingforanewengineforafre akinJeepitsarockcrawlerhorsepowerdoesntmatterstopb eingsoindecisivemanupandlivealittlek?
Wow, i took that as a challenge to read!!

If you can wait 2 years more power to you!! Apparently the mod bug has not bitten you as it has the rest of us!!

I get excited every time I see a UPS truck and then have to remind myself I haven't ordered anything.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by erimurca

Epic FAIL!!! On both counts, poster and article.

I'm getting a headache reading all these rumors.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fauxsuper
For people who own automatics, it IS likely that they will mate the motor with the new tranny that's now in the GC. That, for most people, will probably be a more significant change than the new engine. Most of the complaints about the lack of power seem to come from automatic owners, paticularly four doors.

Well said. Only time will tell if Phoenix engine/new transfer case is tough, and Chrysler is already taking a time to address issues... but the Jeep deserves a Diesel or a Hemi from factory.

The EV was real, and the information about it was provided by Chrysler itself, but before all the changes at the company...

I bet 2012 will be a great model, even with a rubi equip. 35" etc. - makes sense to me.
Maybe even something like the lowerforty.

I'm only concerned about this "car" - please, if someone could explain. Appears there are a lot of customers buying without having an idea of what a Jeep is:

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/131275/131275-add1-lg.jpg

Anyway, I hope Jeep deliver a great 2012 rubi

Quick Reply: 2012 rumor