Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 rumor

Old 08-07-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oeser
Yeah, I think some people need to get off the interweb and go enjoy the jeep they have . . .
So true
Old 08-07-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oeser
Yeah, I think some people need to get off the interweb and go enjoy the jeep they have . . .
...but rumors are so much fun!

I enjoy my Jeep, just not so much when it's 110 degrees F outside! However, Rumors are pretty much like an a-hole. Everyone farts through one. Or everyone has one. Or is that an opinion? Whatever.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've started to do my homework on this as well, I think it's only a matter of time before the pentastar engine makes it's way into the Wrangler (probably no later than 2013). If it does make it's way into the 2012"s you would only have to wait about a 14-15 months as the Jeeps for the next year always come out during the fall of the previous year. I really hope they do as my Jeep is drastically under powered right now.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you feel the JK is severely underpowered now, you are still going to find severely underpowered with the new 3.6 Pentastar. the increased HP number is PEAK HP. and it's at something like 5900 rpm! keep an eye on your tach--how often do you ever 5900 rpm????? seriously ppl....the new pentastar is not going to be the saviour powerplant you all seem to think it will be. first of all, more torque is what the JK's need. aerodynamically speaking, it's a brick. it needs more torque to push against the air. and it needs that torque over a broad rpm range, not just above 3500 rpm. my god i'm sick of hearing about the pentastar 3.6 like it's going to make the JK the most amazing vehicle to come along since the Delorean or Bricklin.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
...but rumors are so much fun!

I enjoy my Jeep, just not so much when it's 110 degrees F outside! However, Rumors are pretty much like an a-hole. Everyone farts through one. Or everyone has one. Or is that an opinion? Whatever.
I like the a-hole version better.

Originally Posted by Bacon
if you feel the JK is severely underpowered now, you are still going to find severely underpowered with the new 3.6 Pentastar. the increased HP number is PEAK HP. and it's at something like 5900 rpm! keep an eye on your tach--how often do you ever 5900 rpm????? seriously ppl....the new pentastar is not going to be the saviour powerplant you all seem to think it will be. first of all, more torque is what the JK's need. aerodynamically speaking, it's a brick. it needs more torque to push against the air. and it needs that torque over a broad rpm range, not just above 3500 rpm. my god i'm sick of hearing about the pentastar 3.6 like it's going to make the JK the most amazing vehicle to come along since the Delorean or Bricklin.
Amen brother!!

I heard so much about the 3.8 being such a gutless engine that it kept me from buying my first JK for about a year or so. Once I finally test drove one I was trying to figure out what everybody is griping about. And the Pentastar is not going to miraculously transform the JK. A Wrangler is a Wrangler quit trying to make it a sportscar people.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mind rumors, per se. However, when it's clearly dumbshit... Well, either it's a troll exercise or the dumbshit resides between someone's ears.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any upates on what Chrysler/Fiat is going to do about releasing the EV Wrangler? I really like the "rumor" about it not having an engine but four motors (one for each wheel).
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

I like diesel torque... But oh well. Not in this country yet, if ever...
Old 08-12-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by orp967
Any upates on what Chrysler/Fiat is going to do about releasing the EV Wrangler? I really like the "rumor" about it not having an engine but four motors (one for each wheel).
what is the ev wrangler????
Old 08-12-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bring on the Pentastar

We have to have a Jeep with a separate name for the engine... cmon!

All the cool vehicles have it... The Hemi, Duramax, Northstar, Endurance or i-Force... (what do we have? the 3.8 MVP (mini-van pusher?))
... and don't we need more acronyms and letters to describe our newfound beast? shouldn't it have SOHC or DOHC, CVVT or better yet CVTCS, or the grand daddy of all systems The VVT-i coupled with the ACIS. The little "i" is intelligence according to Toyota and I couldn't find another vehicle that claimed to be built with intelligence.

Here is my rumor: 2015 Jeep JK Rubicon featuring the 265HP PentaTorqMaxStarEV - i with CVVTS, ACES (for our pilot buddies), Vortec, Quadralift and 14 point Terrain Selector.

Quick Reply: 2012 rumor