Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Rubicon Price

Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrateOz
Man, just trying to get a dealer to give you a competitive quote over the phone is brutal. It's like pulling teeth. I get why they want you to come in, but heck, it's 2012 right? We do everything over the internet. I have 1 quote so far and the guy wants $800 under sticker for a sport with auto and hardtop. I told him he was way out of the ballpark and he told me he would be talking to me after I realized everyone else would be more....UGH!. I know I can get it for less than that.
2012's are in high demand, don't expect one dealer to be as competitive as the other. The guy who comes in after you will most likely be willing to pay closer to MSRP.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pay $60 and sign up for Tread Lightly. Then you are entitled to 1% below invoice regardless.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedrod
Pay $60 and sign up for Tread Lightly. Then you are entitled to 1% below invoice regardless.
Do that, then wait another month or two when gas has gone up another .50/gallon...and then go back and try and negotiate...repeat till ya get what you want

Or just settle for the TL discount and start driving!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
out the door price is what you want to know ! all fees included
its a big paper game with them ! what good is it if he says
800 below msrp and then adds destination charge and registration transfer, title fee , tax , all that.
Destination fees are included in the price both invoice and MSRP.
Title fees are dictated by the state and each state is different.
Tax rates are different in each state.
Taxable amount depends on trade-in or not. (My 2010 Challenger was worth more than my 2012 Rubicon, so I didn't pay a dime in sales taxes).

He was asking on a forum not specific to a certain state about a price for a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon with a hardtop. All the other stuff is paid to the state and is not negotiable.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Forget MSRP and all the BS. Pretend that number does not exist. Pretend you never heard it. Figure the invoice (INVOICE) price of the base vehicle you want, then the invoice (repeat, INVOICE) price of the options you want. Join TreadLightly. You should be able to negotiate to 2% below invoice with TL control number. Figure that number up. That is what you should pay right down the the cent. Of course, taxes, tags, etc. will have to be added but definitely no other made-up fees the dealer comes up with. After you get that total and agreement, then subtract rebates if any are being offered.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sparkplug
Forget MSRP and all the BS. Pretend that number does not exist. Pretend you never heard it. Figure the invoice (INVOICE) price of the base vehicle you want, then the invoice (repeat, INVOICE) price of the options you want. Join TreadLightly. You should be able to negotiate to 2% below invoice with TL control number. Figure that number up. That is what you should pay right down the the cent. Of course, taxes, tags, etc. will have to be added but definitely no other made-up fees the dealer comes up with. After you get that total and agreement, then subtract rebates if any are being offered.
Excellent info - thanks!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

I just picked up my JKUS, worked the numbers off of invoice including their cost on any additional options, I got mine for invoice on the JK & cost on the options. I paid -500 below invoice, and that's not including the additional $500 rebate for the military, all said and done it was over $3000 less than sticker and I ordered it an waited about 4 wks, drove it home last night!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JKUR stickered at $38590, Invoice was $36,111. I paid $33,611, $2500 under invoice. I ordered mine back in late Augusr when there were not many around and got a great deal on it. THey said it was to get a 12 on the street with their decal on it and they would not do that deal again. I did not believe them, but after helping a friend shop for his, I believe it now. I paid 7% below invoice and I can't get him more than 3% now. No way someone paid $29k for a JKUR hard top, not happening unless it was like an "indecent Proposal" type of thing.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We got a 2 door Rubicon on order and the MSRP with options was $36 660. We sign the order papers on a price of $ 32 225. They got a bunch of 2012 models on there floor and offer on average $3300 off of the base models and up to $5000 on models with a MSRP of $40 000 .
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just ordered a two door rubi today with soft top and little else and it was right at 29. i dont beleive the story on the jku hardtop. and i was dealing with straight talking folks. i dont trust any dealer, but with the treadlightly deal, there wasnt a whole lot more to discuss.

Quick Reply: 2012 Rubicon Price