Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Likes and Dislikes?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goughy
Mine also came with 4 grab handles and 2 coat hangers, but no lock nuts.

My only (very minor) quibble so far is that the glove box is too narrow. The Users Guide and Jeep pouch won't fit laid flat, although the printed Owners Manual fits fine. Seems like a poor design or at least an oversight.
x2. The only place it could fit is in the center storage counsel....
Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 AM
JK Freak

Default 2012 jku

Ok this is my 4th Jeep and 3rd Wrangler, so I have had just a little experience across the spectrum.

1. Engine - The best one so far for street driving. will let you know on the offroading part.
2. Tranny - No complaints so far, seems they over engineered for this model and that is a good thing.
3. Model - Love the 4 doors and the Unlimited length.
4. Interior - While probably offending the yuppies, love it except for the damn carpet. How bout some bed liner?

DISLIKES:

1. See #4 above lol.
2. Lack of skidplating, you can tell Fiat is calling the shots.
3. Evap canister location, and vacuum pump location in front.
4. Lack of usable space in engine compartment.

What i would really like is a basic Unlimited with the Rubi features, and not very many frills(are you listening Chrysler?). And how about a real offroad model with a small lift, at least 33's, skid protection, etc. etc. Oh and finally how about a damn 5.7 Hemi?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those folks that got grab handles and coat hooks, are any of you in Canada, and is there anywhere in the paperwork that states these items come with the jeep. I am expecting to take delivery of my Rubi Mall crawler on the 7th of may and am putting together a delivery checklist. thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2012

the thing is there will be this debate when they change models again in 2015 or 2016 all jeeps are all good
Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mariner
For those folks that got grab handles and coat hooks, are any of you in Canada, and is there anywhere in the paperwork that states these items come with the jeep. I am expecting to take delivery of my Rubi Mall crawler on the 7th of may and am putting together a delivery checklist. thanks
I'm in Canada. I got grab handles, coat hooks, and freedom panel protection case with my Arctic Edition.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richelsd

I'm in Canada. I got grab handles, coat hooks, and freedom panel protection case with my Arctic Edition.
I'm in Canada, and I got all of the above. I also got lock nuts on all 5 rims, as well as the bit that goes with it. The coat hooks and grab handles should all be stuffed into the glovebox when you get it. The storage bag was in the trunk and was plastic wrapped. Had no clue what it was until I opened it lol

Quick Reply: 2012 Likes and Dislikes?