Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Likes and Dislikes?

Old 12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Likes and Dislikes?

Hey yall,

Sorry if there is already a thread about this. I looked and couldnt find one. I went out tonight with my dad looking for a new jeep for me. I was really impressed with the new 2012's. I really like the new interior. I didnt drive one tonight, just looked and drooled on myself. I was wondering if anyone who has the new 2012 had some major likes and dislikes about it? Thanks!!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CC7242
Hey yall,

Sorry if there is already a thread about this. I looked and couldnt find one. I went out tonight with my dad looking for a new jeep for me. I was really impressed with the new 2012's. I really like the new interior. I didnt drive one tonight, just looked and drooled on myself. I was wondering if anyone who has the new 2012 had some major likes and dislikes about it? Thanks!!
I've only had my for a month and a half (1300 miles) but I can say that it is a blast to drive and the new motor (which is in the Ward top 10 engines) is awesome. I've owned about every Jeep motor (360, 304, 4.2, 4.0 and now the 3.6) and can say that it is worth going to the 2012. The ride is awesome and the vehicle handles very tight and responsive. Just my HO.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let's see, the like are it's AWESOME! the dislikes are i only commute 5 miles to work and its winter so i've got the top and doors on
Old 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

I have had mine for 2 weeks now and love it. I have been wanting an unlimited since they introduced the 4door in 07!!! This Jeep is awesome and I can't wait to get the mod bug for it!! I'm pretty sure from how you felt about just looking at them that u will love it!! Good luck and if you get one happy modding!!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just traded in my 2007 Rubicon Unlimited for a 2012 -

it is a completely different vehicle - the new engine and transmission are fantastic and a huge improvement -

if there are any cons is that it is too luxurious for a typical jeep - so it is missing that rugged simple interior -

personally i like it but some other jeepers will not...

also, i do wish the gas mileage would be better -

but boy do i enjoy driving it every day and i can't wait to get it off road -
Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with everything directedby said. I traded by 09 2 door in for a 12 4 door. I love it. I also wish the gas mileage was a bit better, but the fun factor makes up for it.

Originally Posted by directedby
just traded in my 2007 Rubicon Unlimited for a 2012 -

it is a completely different vehicle - the new engine and transmission are fantastic and a huge improvement -

if there are any cons is that it is too luxurious for a typical jeep - so it is missing that rugged simple interior -

personally i like it but some other jeepers will not...

also, i do wish the gas mileage would be better -

but boy do i enjoy driving it every day and i can't wait to get it off road -
Old 12-21-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Traded in my 08 Unlimited X for a 12 Rubicon Unlimited.

Don't miss the 2008 one bit.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Traded in my 2005 X and I don't regret it. I love the new engine. The sound it makes when I push the pedal on the right is awesome. The throttle response IMO is bad but can be easily corrected by an intake and better exhaust. The NVH is incredible. Could be too quiet???
Old 12-21-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

like everything about it, power, comfort, great on and off road, even mpg compared to my LJ. major milestone in the jeep era for sure.

dislike having the rear driveshaft boot and weights hit my evap cannister skid and having to put in a psc one, although i really like my psc.

dislike having to deal with the exhaust crossover likely being hit by the front driveshaft. haven't tested it full articulation with the sway bar disconnected though.

but - in spite of the two unexpected fixes, still would get the 2012 in a flash even if i'd known about them beforehand.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

2012 JKUR had it for all of five days and about 620 miles so far its wonderful! First Wrangler and I came froma 2005 avalanche.

Quick Reply: 2012 Likes and Dislikes?