Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 jJK Unlimited Financing

Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's just personal preference. But when it comes to wrangler it makes sense because you people invest a lot of money and time to upgrade them.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

It's almost never a good financial decision as the resale value for the older vehicle won't be up to what is still owed when you trade it in. Granted the Wrangler has decent resell value, but at the rate of paying the original loan off so slowly, you'd probably still find yourself in an upside down loan situation, and that is never a good thing.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

With interest rates so low, I do not see why anyone would not extend financing as far out as possible. In previous years with 5%-8% interest rates it made since to pay off your vehicle as soon as possible. However, 0%-3% for 60-72 months allows for flexibility, make double payments if/when you can and other months make the minimum. Just my 2 cents...
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

you can zero for 36 months. i did.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaMtnJk
With interest rates so low, I do not see why anyone would not extend financing as far out as possible. In previous years with 5%-8% interest rates it made since to pay off your vehicle as soon as possible. However, 0%-3% for 60-72 months allows for flexibility, make double payments if/when you can and other months make the minimum. Just my 2 cents...
What he said.

For me it's budgetary. If I can I will throw extra cash on the principle and in the meantime have a payment I can afford rather than $50-100 more a month than I want to spend.

Meanwhile I can put extra money on the principle and pay it off faster. Done it before and worked well enough that after a year I was $2000 ahead of resale.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GaMtnJk
Exactly.. My rate is 2.95% for 72 months, and I make double payments when able to.

Quick Reply: 2012 jJK Unlimited Financing