Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 07-17-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simadownow6988
Thanks guys for all the support! If it werent for this forum, I would have completely lost it by now...

After my post last night, I sat down, had a few beers, and relaxed my mind. But, today is a new day and we will see if my $40K investment (yes, the Jeep is completely paid for) arrives today. If not, it might take more than a few beers to relax me this time around.
It seems that the dealer has lost complete interest in getting this Jeep here. My salesman told me that all he can do now is sit and wait.

Again, thanks for the support!!!
I don't drink anymore but the whole beer drinking thing made me chuckle!!! Yeah I wouldn't sweat it... as stated before its on its way and it might be another day or few hours longer... but very much worth it. Make you enjoy it that much further.

Drive safely!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your salesman is right though. As much as they want to, they can't rush the Jeep through shipment. They're at the mercy of the process just like you! :(

He's to hoping it arrives today!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rule18

Hardly anyone buys a car outright anymore, they should be kissing your feet (among other parts) every time you call.
You do realize that dealers don't particularly like check writers. They make more money on finance deals (finance reserves, running rate, etc).
Old 07-17-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by granth77
You do realize that dealers don't particularly like check writers. They make more money on finance deals (finance reserves, running rate, etc).
This is like the 10th vehicle I have bought from them. Im sure they like me ok.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was referring to the poster of the comment I quoted. Just a little something I learned from the 7 years I was in the car business as a manager.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered my new JK on Thursday July 12th, finalized order on July 13th. Just received my VIN# today and is in D status. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm hoping sooner rather than later!
Same JK as mine is now, except getting an auto, plus added a few extras:

Rubicon 2Dr Dozer
4:10 gears
Automatic
Deep Tinted Hard Top
Tow
Connectivity
Heated Seats
Remote Start

Can't wait!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well guys, I didnt see the Jeep again today, but I did get some good news.
I called Jeep this afternoon on my way home and they had told me that the Jeep left the Memphis facility today at 5:30pm.
I have a strong feeling that it will arrive tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by simadownow6988; 07-17-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called Jeep this afternoon on my way home and they had told me that the Jeep left the Memphis facility today at 5:30pm.
let's hope it's a gooood hump day! got jak bak from the shop today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2522964812.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	342502
at 8 whole days old...she's brewing up nicely!

hope you're drivin urs off the lot tomorrow!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure how far the Memphis facility is from you but you may want to remember that they have to prep the vehicle... which means they'll have to inspect it to ensure there was no damage in-shipment... then put on any remaining items that are normally shipped disassembled... and make sure all that is supposed to go with the vehicle is either in or with the vehicle. So something to keep in mind is if your Jeep is still on the rails it still needs to be dropped off at the depot, prepped, then trucked to the dealer (which probably has its own prepping process - i.e. wash it etc... ).

Mine was in-town at the depot but took like 3 days to get to the lot and the dealer finally had it ready for delivery.

Patience at this point is a key factor. You know its coming... don't pull your hair over it... let the wind do that when you take the top off for the first time. LOL
Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maverick17

Not sure how far the Memphis facility is from you but you may want to remember that they have to prep the vehicle... which means they'll have to inspect it to ensure there was no damage in-shipment... then put on any remaining items that are normally shipped disassembled... and make sure all that is supposed to go with the vehicle is either in or with the vehicle. So something to keep in mind is if your Jeep is still on the rails it still needs to be dropped off at the depot, prepped, then trucked to the dealer (which probably has its own prepping process - i.e. wash it etc... ).

Mine was in-town at the depot but took like 3 days to get to the lot and the dealer finally had it ready for delivery.

Patience at this point is a key factor. You know its coming... don't pull your hair over it... let the wind do that when you take the top off for the first time. LOL
true!! mine hit the transfer yard in denver a week ago sunday and it was at my dealership at 10:30 the following tuesday and ready for pick-up at 5pm that same day...just to give u an idea...prolly not accurate in ur case...but gives u an idea...

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2