Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 07-07-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clemons
Nice!!! Mine has tons of bugs on it. Does that count?
Your funny! Guess my bugs count too!
Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
What a gorgeous picture. I'm jealous that you live in an area like that. Your JK looks awesome too!
Thanks Wendy! We love it here!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Mine ships tomorrow. Coming to Denver so Im not sure how long that should take but hope to have it middle of next week.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default JKUR done for now.

My Red JKUR is gone for this year. Dealer just told me after Jeep cancelled the order they tried to get one from any other dealer in the USA. None of them would trade for anything so it is over. Guess I will keep my eyes on the possible anniversary due out in March or May 2013. Just don't like the 2013 seats.

Maybe Jeep will come up with another bright red like the flame red soon. The lobster red looks to bright of a red.

Till then I will keep living through everyone here. I am going to look for an old 90's wrangler to play with anyone got any suggestions years or body I am open to ideas?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tvan42287
My Red JKUR is gone for this year. Dealer just told me after Jeep cancelled the order they tried to get one from any other dealer in the USA. None of them would trade for anything so it is over. Guess I will keep my eyes on the possible anniversary due out in March or May 2013. Just don't like the 2013 seats.

Maybe Jeep will come up with another bright red like the flame red soon. The lobster red looks to bright of a red.

Till then I will keep living through everyone here. I am going to look for an old 90's wrangler to play with anyone got any suggestions years or body I am open to ideas?

Thanks
Not sure if you're up for a flight/road trip, but as of Saturday, there was a Red JKUR available in Golden, CO.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BJWFG1CL277207

Go Chrysler Jeep West
16300 West Colfax Avenue Golden, CO 80401
(303) 278-0101

Call Jeff @ 303-204-3161

We were considering this one when it looked like the deal was going to fall thru on our white one.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks
Dude. I'm sorry to hear this :( why red? It typically fades in the sun faster than any other color except for yellow. Also more expensive to repair if you ever need paintwork and much harder to match if you need to blend anything. Just an after thought. I wish I would have just bought a soft top and ordered a wild boar solid fastback top. I didn't see good pics of it until after I ordered my jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2059443566.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	339088  
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlanC
Not sure if you're up for a flight/road trip, but as of Saturday, there was a Red JKUR available in Golden, CO.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BJWFG1CL277207

Go Chrysler Jeep West
16300 West Colfax Avenue Golden, CO 80401
(303) 278-0101

Call Jeff @ 303-204-3161

We were considering this one when it looked like the deal was going to fall thru on our white one.
Wow. Seriously, that's a nice one. A red Rubi with a hard top, automatic and 4:1. Good job Alan.

Tvan, if you're serious, this is a good one.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clemons
Dude. I'm sorry to hear this :( why red? It typically fades in the sun faster than any other color except for yellow. Also more expensive to repair if you ever need paintwork and much harder to match if you need to blend anything. Just an after thought. I wish I would have just bought a soft top and ordered a wild boar solid fastback top. I didn't see good pics of it until after I ordered my jeep.
I am partial to vehicle that jump out at you in the crowed parking lot or on the road. The crush is bright but just did give me the yes that is it feeling. I drove a black one and the water stains, and dirt was so bad while driving it had to be detailed again.

Currently I own a red 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it has been wonderful for dirt, looking sharp and not having to wash it every day. I wasn't worried about fading as I planed on keeping the JKUR in the garage except when out driving around or off road.

The white was nice, however in the FL sun after my Lasik eye surgery I found myself needing my sunglasses outside due to the glare off it.

The silver was just like half of the cars in FL, however I don't see many red. I will keep pulling the other dealers inventory but was hoping for one fully loaded except nav.

I can add the Katskin leathers later if need so that is no big deal. Remote start is wonderful in FL for the summer or if I hit mountains sometime.

This website forum has been great I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas. My dealer does have a white and silver one coming in so maybe they can sway me that way but the red was my first choice always.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Wow. Seriously, that's a nice one. A red Rubi with a hard top, automatic and 4:1. Good job Alan.

Tvan, if you're serious, this is a good one.
Wendy, Alan,

Many thanks I will be back in FL tomorrow and will go sit in my dealers showroom and see what they do. If everything fails it maybe time for a road trip.

This forum is great it is really appreciated. Sucks jeep has cancelled the Red it seems to sell so fast.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wendy, Alan,

Many thanks I will be back in FL tomorrow and will go sit in my dealers showroom and see what they do. If everything fails it maybe time for a road trip.

This forum is great it is really appreciated. Sucks jeep has cancelled the Red it seems to sell so fast.
My thoughts are this... get what you want... if not, then see about a discount for something that you didn't really want. Basically this... you want a Jeep in whatever color and features... if you don't get it then whats the difference between that and getting a different vehicle entirely? Your the one (in the end) who will have to make the payments, look at, and drive the vehicle after the papers have all been signed. So I say... get what you want.

If not... then they need to extend some discounts or throw in some extras at no extra price... because you're the one who's have to take something that was not your initial desire. The dealer is going to be happy when the sale is final (paperwork done and vehicle are delivered) you just need to make sure they're aware that you need to be happy in order prior to all that. GRIN

Get whatever you can if you're not going to get what you really wanted.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2