Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tvan42287
The factory rep for my Jeep informed my dealer they just added 3 shifts assembly line is running 24/7 for rest of 2012's JKU's as they are trying to get all build by end of June. They are planning to start 2013's by mid July.

Just what I am hearing from dealer and Jeep CS when I talk with them.
Very cool. You may just get yours sooner than later. I'm with CLEMONS about it getting built right. However, if the shift workers are getting overtime, you may have a happily built vehicle.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick

Thanks. I'm comfortable doing anything to my vehicles that doesn't require a lot of upper body strength. One of the greatest gifts my parents ever gave me is teaching me how to work on cars myself: tire changes, oil changes, spark plugs, brake master cylinders, draining fluids, etc.

So...the badge is gonna go...
If you get around to it before me, let me know how it's goes. That badge is tacky.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rule18
The wait is over! Got a dealer email last night saying it was just pulled off the truck. I'm picking it up Saturday. The next two days may possibly be longer than the last 6 weeks.

For the record (for those that care):

Ordered - May 5
First email - May 9
VIN - May 21
Second Email - June 6
Lots of with CS, , then , then just a little (right Wendy??)
Delivery to Dealer - June 20

So for me, about six and a half weeks. Of course I'll post pics when I bring it home.

Cheers!
HORRAY! Saturday can't come soon enough.

You are absolutely right! The last few days seem to take the longest. But it all becomes a distant memory (even the ) when you get to in your new JK.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Yuck. I hate that decal. Plan to remove mine too. It just looks stupid and means nothing. It's a damn Jeep Wrangler... obviously it's "trail rated".
Yup. Obviously. That decal is something more suited to Liberty's or another Jeep SUV. It's almost an insult to those of us who actually will take ours on trails.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlanC
My Jeep's production status finally changed from "Production Scheduled" to "Frame" this morning!

Hooray!

Ordered: 5/15/2012
Scheduled to be loaded on rail car: 6/22/2012
Arrives at rail destination on: 6/28/2012
Scheduled to be unloaded on: 6/29/2012

2012 JKUR, Bright White, Air with w/ Auto Temp, Connectivity Group, Heated Seats, Supplemental Air Bags, 5-Speed Auto, Cloth Seats, Black/Dark Saddle, Max Tow Package, Slush Mats, Remote Start, Dual Top Group, UConnect 430N, 4.10 Rear Axle
That's nice that you got that email about "Frame". I didn't get that one. Mine went straight from "Production" to "Shipment" with a HUGE gap of no-info in the middle.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats Wendy on your delivery!

As for me, still waiting for mine to get on the line . Ordered 5/11 and tomorrow will be 6 weeks.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by simadownow6988
Congrats Wendy on your delivery!

As for me, still waiting for mine to get on the line . Ordered 5/11 and tomorrow will be 6 weeks.
Yes. You've been waiting quite a while. I will be interested to see if you have the Alpine sound system in your Rubi; it will show on your window sticker after you receive the "shipment" email. I have the Infinity system and believe I was one of the last ones to get it. It sounds OK, not impressed and not unimpressed.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes. You've been waiting quite a while. I will be interested to see if you have the Alpine sound system in your Rubi; it will show on your window sticker after you receive the "shipment" email. I have the Infinity system and believe I was one of the last ones to get it. It sounds OK, not impressed and not unimpressed.
I have never been good at waiting for anything. It really bothers me (if you cant tell lol). I liked the Infinity system in my 09. Although definately not a aftermarket system, it sounded better than most OEM systems Ive heard. Im sure the Alpine will be about the same way. If it is better, it wont be much.
As of now, I dont care if the Jeep has Infinity or Alpine, I just cant wait to get the vehicle.

ITS MY JEEP AND I WANT IT NOW!!! lol
Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Very cool. You may just get yours sooner than later. I'm with CLEMONS about it getting built right. However, if the shift workers are getting overtime, you may have a happily built vehicle.
I agree as long as the build is correct I don't really care. Not holding to much hope out on seeing it before end of July as we are only 9 days away from the end of June.

I don't know how many orders they have, however it would surprise me to see Jeep have everyone built in nine days. I do know all the stock builds that my dealer ordered for 2012 on Rubicons has been cancelled as of last Friday. Seems only thing going out now is sold orders only.

If everything fails I will get a 2013 later in the year everything happens for a reason even though we don't know why at the time.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by simadownow6988
I have never been good at waiting for anything. It really bothers me (if you cant tell lol). I liked the Infinity system in my 09. Although definately not a aftermarket system, it sounded better than most OEM systems Ive heard. Im sure the Alpine will be about the same way. If it is better, it wont be much.
As of now, I dont care if the Jeep has Infinity or Alpine, I just cant wait to get the vehicle.

ITS MY JEEP AND I WANT IT NOW!!! lol
uh huh. As the great philosopher AR once said, "MINE!"

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2