Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope everyone gets their Jeep fast, but before I'd worry about someone getting it quicker, let it actually arrive first.

CS timelines and reality often differ significantly.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper
I hope everyone gets their Jeep fast, but before I'd worry about someone getting it quicker, let it actually arrive first.

If its even showing shipped in VOTS, its ahead of mine. Mine is still scheduled per VOTS and CS. Dont get me wrong, Im glad everyone is getting theirs, I just dont understand how a later order was put in front of a earlier order with both vehicles being about the same.
Was yours built before CS said it was AR?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hear ya. I just dont understand how it's supposed to ship in 2 days and they don't know if it's been built yet....
Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clemons
I hear ya. I just dont understand how it's supposed to ship in 2 days and they don't know if it's been built yet....
I guess we both have the same ship dates (6/22). Do you think the dates are computer generated and we still might be delayed out further? Boy, I hope not.
I hear it only takes about 8 hours to build a JK. Maybe ours will be built tomorrow.
My second email mentioned about "up to two weeks" in scheduled production stage. That time has come and gone.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

As Wendy can attest to, if there is a parts shortage on a certain option/color etc, that Jeep may be put on hold and others will pass it by. That could explain some differences in order date and ship date priority.

They forecast my ship date a half dozen different dates before they got it right. They twice told me it *had* shipped on two different dates, only to find out it hadn't.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Hi Everyone! Picked up my Jeep at 2 pm today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3426.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	331937

Very Very Happy! Love Love Love the Katzkin leather and stick shift! Can't wait to catch up on all of your posts. But, have to put the kids to bed. Will post pics of the interior tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thedrod
Congratulations Wendy. We expect to see your graduation pictures from this thread. Pictures require that you be in the photo with your Jeep. If necessary refer to ARJeepers photo or my graduation photo for an example.

Attachment 331551
OMG! Your pic rocks! I'm guessing you're happy? Duh!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Hi Everyone! Picked up my Jeep at 2 pm today...

Attachment 331937

Very Very Happy! Love Love Love the Katzkin leather and stick shift! Can't wait to catch up on all of your posts. But, have to put the kids to bed. Will post pics of the interior tomorrow.
Congrats... nice JKUR!!! I love the standard trans too... a lot of shifting to get up to speed but that 73:1 crawl ratio is kewl!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Congrats!! JEEP IN POSSESSION. MISSION COMPLETE.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Congrats!! JEEP IN POSSESSION. MISSION COMPLETE.
Affirmative. Modifications commencing. Tail light guards and fuel door installed. Tint, wheels and rock railguards will be installed on friday. BTW...this thing drives better than any Wrangler I've ever owned. Definitely not going to mess this one up with a lift.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2