Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked to my dealer today and I'm supposed to be getting mine tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath... But hey, it's at least in my home state now.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by choadium
Talked to my dealer today and I'm supposed to be getting mine tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath... But hey, it's at least in my home state now.
Are you going to be there when they take it off the truck? Take a video so we can see. I live to far from my JK's railcar destination, so I'll have to wait till it is ready to pickup at the dealer.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by clemons
...Arjeeper can't you view your window sticker on your dealers website? If so please share
Yes, on my window sticker for my 2 door Rubicon (soft top only) "Deep tint sunscreen windows" is $300.

I can't speak to the dual top or JKU folks, though.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking it's an option on 2 doors and standard on 4 doors.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Are you going to be there when they take it off the truck? Take a video so we can see. I live to far from my JK's railcar destination, so I'll have to wait till it is ready to pickup at the dealer.
Unfortunately I work all day so I won't be there for unloading. I could skip work, but then I'd have a hard time paying for the Jeep. Hopefully after I drive it off the lot and back to the safety of my driveway I can take a couple pics, breathe, and finally quit worrying that this thing is ever gonna get here.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Yes, on my window sticker for my 2 door Rubicon (soft top only) "Deep tint sunscreen windows" is $300.

I can't speak to the dual top or JKU folks, though.
JKUR sticker: Deep tint windows (standard), 3 piece hard top $735, delete Sunrider soft top.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
I TOTALLY want to do that! But I don't want to seem as obsessive, I'm still trying to maintain my composure. Not sure that I'm doing a very good job of that.
No you are doing good , but don't be shy when it comes to sales people or dealership , when I picked mine up they were glad to see me, so ask your sales person when will the the transport show, maybe you will be lucky like I was, met up with it on the road to the dealership and followed it in.

Last edited by 33 williys 77; 06-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77
No you are doing good , but don't be shy when it comes to sales people or dealership , when I picked mine up they were glad to see me, so ask your sales person when will the the transport show, maybe you will be lucky like I was, met up with it on the road to the dealership and followed it in.

That is great you had that chance. So many dealers don't want to tell anyone when it is coming. Hope I get to know all this and can be there when it comes off the truck. Already told my dealer no stickers for free advertisement. They can do the PDI prep while I am there watching it.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Don't be shy !

A word to the wise

Back in the day of train transport for car MFG's ( I know CARS is bad for a Jeep forum but I'm talking all MFG'g here ) they use to chain the vehicle down by the axles, and the stop & go of the train movement would bend axles. today they say it's not done that way, but who knows. So when you pick your's up look for chain marks, missing skid plates, so on and so forth, don't be shy !

Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered a black Sahara JKU on 5/5 - got first email on 5/9 and nothing since.. I'm pretty patient so I havent called dealer about it. When I ordered it I was figuring end of june/july but - - I'm reading how most of you got yours within a month + of ordering

Also as I read through these threads I'm wondering if I'm gonna be hosed? Dont they start production on 2013s sometime soon? That is, would they cancel my order?
Perhaps black ones are done their run for 2012?

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2