Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is not making me too optimistic about my JKUR order that was placed today.

Dealer had an allocated jeep that was suppose to go into production shortly and allowed me to change the options tonight to exactly what I want. Dealer said it could be 30-45 days but I was hoping for some improvement.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cowboyjeeper
Attachment 323706

Just picked it up 2 hours ago

Order 4/1
First email 4/13
Called CS got VIN about the 20th
Second Email 4/30 (VIN included in this email)
Built 5/12
Third Email 5/17
Delivered @ dealership 5/30
Picked up and a big smile on my face 5/30

No more driving a junk loaner.... priceless.
OOOOhhhh Coolll!!! Are you gonna sleep in it tonight?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
OOOOhhhh Coolll!!! Are you gonna sleep in it tonight?
LOL, no but I do keep looking out the window to make sure its really their.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, no but I do keep looking out the window to make sure its really their.
Haha. Congrats! I'll probably go check on mine in the garage a few times a night just to make sure it's resting comfortably. Maybe fluff it's pillow. Grab it a warm glass of milk. That sort of stuff.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Attachment 323706

Just picked it up 2 hours ago

Order 4/1
First email 4/13
Called CS got VIN about the 20th
Second Email 4/30 (VIN included in this email)
Built 5/12
Third Email 5/17
Delivered @ dealership 5/30
Picked up and a big smile on my face 5/30

No more driving a junk loaner.... priceless.

NICE!!! Congrats!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well today is the day. My Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon has been in the valley (Phoenix) since the 27th or 28th with the dealership to receive the vehicle in the afternoon of the 30th for prepping and the final processes before I am to receive it. I was called by the purchasing company (Authority Auto) who did all the searching/ordering of my vehicle and they set up a delivery time of 10am. I have about 2 hours until my Jeep arrives at my doorstep and I take delivery... Woohoo!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maverick17
Well today is the day. My Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon has been in the valley (Phoenix) since the 27th or 28th with the dealership to receive the vehicle in the afternoon of the 30th for prepping and the final processes before I am to receive it. I was called by the purchasing company (Authority Auto) who did all the searching/ordering of my vehicle and they set up a delivery time of 10am. I have about 2 hours until my Jeep arrives at my doorstep and I take delivery... Woohoo!!!
Well...DO YOU HAVE IT YET??? How is it? How does it drive?

I have to ask these questions because I was unable drive one like the one I ordered: 6 spd, 4:10's. I only know my '09 had no guts...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Well...DO YOU HAVE IT YET??? How is it? How does it drive?

I have to ask these questions because I was unable drive one like the one I ordered: 6 spd, 4:10's. I only know my '09 had no guts...
I received a call from Authority Auto who in-turn checked with the dealer to see where the vehicle was at and to double check any paperwork etc... the dealer said they got the vechicle from the rail depot this morning and it was going to look more like noon or 1pm to get it to my home... so still waiting another 2 hours. :-(

I did drive a 6-speed Wrangler Unlimited a few weeks ago... drove real well. It wasn't a Rubicon but it had the package for the upscale tires and wheels that were same (in size) as the Rubicon tires/wheels so the handling on-road was supposed to be similar according to the salesman that went with me. I was impressed. I had driven a 2010 a couple of years ago when I first considered buying a Wrangler but I didn't do a long drive (street and highway) as I did with the 2012 so I can't give a fair comparison in power/torque between the two.

So I'll keep you posted when it arrives...
Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Fully. I haven't even called yet to get an estimated delivery date, but the way I figure, it'll NEVER make it here until it ships! So at least that's behind me!
Don't call for a delivery date like I did. You might be disappointed like me. My email said it was shipped on Tuesday but when I called today the nice lady said it was still waiting to be loaded on the rail car today. She did say it should be at my dealer on the 11th. Hopefully they're wrong and it gets here early.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by choadium

Don't call for a delivery date like I did. You might be disappointed like me. My email said it was shipped on Tuesday but when I called today the nice lady said it was still waiting to be loaded on the rail car today. She did say it should be at my dealer on the 11th. Hopefully they're wrong and it gets here early.
I did and I was. Same response here. :(

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2