Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the VOTs site today and my order jumped from "Production Scheduled" to "Shipment" so I placed a call to IAMJEEP and the rep confirmed that my vehicle showed 'waiting for loading to rail car' with an expected arrival date of 5/28 to the dealership. So we'll see...

Interesting thing is that for me the VOTs site appeared to match what the reps were seeing (at the same time).

I was also thinking a couple of days ago... that JEEP would have to change over to the 2013 line soon... and wouldn't that require some retooling? If so, then I would think there would have to be a time period (days, weeks, etc.) to do the retooling at which time they'd have to have all the 2012 orders done and out of the factory... right?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One would assume so, but since the order banks for 2012 are still open, it doesn't sound like that date would be coming anytime too soon.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by puddles
yesterday alone they had 2300 orders, the average daily order is 1740 for the month so far. The plant can only produce 700 a day.

They are 2 months out on orders right now unfortunately.

I agree, it sitting on the lot is stupid.

I am betting they are waiting on enough Jeeps to ship out your way.
How do you know all this?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

My JKUR order was placed on 5/5. First email came 5/9. That's it so far. . .

I find it funny (and shows a complete lack of training on Chrysler's part) that my salesman didn't know the first thing about any update emails being sent by Customer Service. When I brought it up, he said something goofy, which the guy next to him disputed and agreed with me. I should have sat with THAT guy!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

I placed my order 8 weeks ago and have gotten no word from anyone about my JKU... I had to drive over to the dealer just to be told that my Jeep is in "Pending" status... How are you guys getting the magic tracking numbers for your orders? My dealer is completely clueless about giving me ANY info at all... Also, I had to go to four different dealers before I found one that actually seemed to want to sell me a Jeep! What the CRAP?! They act like I probably can't afford it anyway so why bother... I'm pretty sure that I prolly make twice what the salesmen make at least...! Anyway, any info on this elusive "tracking number" would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tex735
I placed my order 8 weeks ago and have gotten no word from anyone about my JKU... I had to drive over to the dealer just to be told that my Jeep is in "Pending" status... How are you guys getting the magic tracking numbers for your orders? My dealer is completely clueless about giving me ANY info at all... Also, I had to go to four different dealers before I found one that actually seemed to want to sell me a Jeep! What the CRAP?! They act like I probably can't afford it anyway so why bother... I'm pretty sure that I prolly make twice what the salesmen make at least...! Anyway, any info on this elusive "tracking number" would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
I agree with this. Everyone acted like they didn't want to sell me a jeep. I wanted to punch their faces.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! That's rough! It sounds like your dealer did not register your email with the VOTS system.

Try calling 1-877-IAMJEEP and seeing what information you can get. At 8 weeks, your Jeep really should be shipped at least, or arriving within days at the dealership.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info! While I was in there trying to get an update, he mentioned that one was due in three days and it took 8 weeks... I figure that I should be getting close! The wait really is killing me though! I'll give them a call to see if I can get any info... I' not holding my breath though... I dunno how many Dozer Rubi's they'll likely have on the docket, but I'm sure mine won't be the only one... Maybe they can look it up by my name?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rule18
How do you know all this?
Dad works for Chrysler

I just had the coolest experience of my life, watched my JK get built. I even drove it off the line.

Coolest ever.

ships tomorrow.

I hope you guys get yours asap, truly and awesome vehicle.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by puddles
Dad works for Chrysler

I just had the coolest experience of my life, watched my JK get built. I even drove it off the line.

Coolest ever.

ships tomorrow.

I hope you guys get yours asap, truly and awesome vehicle.
Cool, thanks! Now go back and get mine!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2