Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 interpretation of an MB willys?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that Jk looks sick
Old 11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thats really cool- i like it a lot

Originally Posted by Dynamo
That's what i'm going for with mine, but the wheels are probably bigger than you'd like.

http://jamieegerton.tumblr.com/image/33355218686

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...5/#post3228500

I'm not going for a literal interpretation; it's more of an homage.

this is a pretty good homage. i think you are right about the tires though. Great work!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezins
this is a pretty good homage. i think you are right about the tires though. Great work!
Thanks, although for me the 35's, proportionally, look a bit better. 33's would look okay with the right tires, but it's important to remember that the JK is a wider vehicle, so it tends to look squat when seen from the front, even with 35's. The Willys has a nice upright stance, helped partially by its narrow width. Because of this, the small, thin wheels suit it really well.
I'd love to get my hands on a set of military style steel wheels, but I have no idea where to get them or how much they cost. I haven't seriously looked into it, but that might be my next mod a bit further down the line.

Quick Reply: 2012 interpretation of an MB willys?